1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ZAP ALias

Discussion in 'EV (Electric Vehicle) Discussion' started by DaveinOlyWA, Sep 26, 2008.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    a bit spendy, but considering the price of top notch battery upgrades, maybe not all that bad...plus with factory, its highly unlikely to be a "vapor car" which ZAP is famous for

TECHNOLOGY Blog | The Dallas Morning News

2. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Nice 3-wheeled vehicle, much more stylish than the products they currently deliver. But I'd still like a Xebra pickup, if they upgraded it a bit (including reliability, which hopefully would happen if they built it here instead of China).
    Check out the news segment on youtube:
    www dot youtube.com/watch?v=Jsg_iEQzfWk&feature=related

(If I made this a URL link tag, it put the flash video right in this post, not what I intended, so now you need to cut & paste & replace the dot...this is frustrating)

3. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    heck, everyone else does the flash thing. it looks good, but no info on the batteries, passenger capacity, etc...

for that much money, i want more range

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The author of that story is a complete duffus though...he's comparing a little 3 wheeled, 2 seat EV to the Volt? Does he know the Volt has a gas ICE? I doubt it. Had he never heard of Zap? Doesn't seem so.

Yea, it's cool looking and would be one fun commuter...in that regard I'm all for it. But it's hardly the all purpose family car the Volt should be.

5. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well this is a different ZAP altogether. its supposed to do 100 mph and have a 100+ mile range, but what we dont know is the power train, battery pack info, nothing. plus, it would be nice to know if there is a back seat

6. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    As much as don't believe GM will ever build the Volt, I'd bet on the Volt to come out before the Zap Alias. "Ground breaking" on a factory is a far cry from cars in showrooms. They don't even have a real prototype; they've just "broken ground" for the factory, and we're supposed to believe they're going to begin rolling cars off the assembly line in a year from now?

Gimme a break! I love my Zap Xebra. It's a great little city car. But this company has a worse track record than GM.