1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Zap Xebra

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by daniel, Apr 12, 2007.

1. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ May 2 2007, 03:20 PM) [snapback]434290[/snapback]</div>
    You can dream!

My smugness goes faster and farther than yours. And the brakes work. :)

Still, close enough! I think we'll show you the secret handshake once you take delivery.

2. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ May 2 2007, 07:00 PM) [snapback]434320[/snapback]</div>
    Smug alert!! You remember what happened on "South Park". You guys might be responsible for the destruction of San Francisco! :lol:

3. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ May 2 2007, 06:20 PM) [snapback]434290[/snapback]</div>

Yeah!! I can't wait!!! I got my Gem controller swapped out today! It was down and out since Saturday. Glad to have it back! Missed driving it!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ May 2 2007, 07:00 PM) [snapback]434320[/snapback]</div>
    I guess I don't get the secret EV hand shake cause I go to slow <_< :(

4. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

Zap announced that it received an order worth $79 million from the Electric Vehicle Company (they sell electric vehicles to municipalities, distributors, university campuses, auto and recreational dealers, foreign countries and the military), which they say is "the largest order for consumer electric vehicles in history":

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/58178.html

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ May 2 2007, 04:00 PM) [snapback]434320[/snapback]</div>
    Goody, goody!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ May 2 2007, 06:43 PM) [snapback]434411[/snapback]</div>
    I don't watch TV. My set is connected to the DVD player (for watching Teaching Company lectures while I jog) and does not get any TV input. I do know, from indirect references, that South Park is a TV show. But I've never seen it and know nothing about it, other than lots of PriusChatters cite it as if a TV show was evidence of something related to the real world. But whatever happened on an episode of SP, I think you gas burners are more likely than us EV drivers to cause the destruction of SF or any other part of the USA. :)

Anyway, your reference goes right past me.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tracysbeans @ May 2 2007, 06:55 PM) [snapback]434420[/snapback]</div>
    Au contraire, my love: You are more deserving than any of us, because you've sacrificed more for your ideals. Darell gives up nothing to drive his Rav4EV other than the "fun" of working a gas pump. I was not willing to settle for 25 mph. You are the hero of this melodrama.

6. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ May 2 2007, 10:26 PM) [snapback]434440[/snapback]</div>
    Aww Daniel that's nice but I can't agree. I went for the lowest priced electric vehicle and by doing that I'm having to sacrifice. It's ok though. I get quite a bit out of it and get to pat my wallet in the process. :unsure: There's just some things I won't spend more than I have to on and one of them is on vehicles. I have to much other stuff planned that I want to use extra money on. Right now my immediate goal is to finish paying off my business mortgage. So for now I will stick to the slow lane!

7. darelldd

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ May 2 2007, 07:26 PM) [snapback]434440[/snapback]</div>
    Hey now. I'm gonna play my bicycle card if that's how this little contest is gonna go (see how I claim to be an EV driver when it suits me, or a bicycle rider, or even a Prius driver?) Well, now I'm a bicycle rider. I go slower than everybody (well, no... not Tracy, actually :D) But I suffer! Well, no, I actually enjoy it. But I don't have to fill up with gas. I just eat instead, and I was gonna do that anyway. I don't get to pay for a gym membership because that would just be redundant. When I started riding seriously last year, my spandex shorts were all size L. Now they're saggy and I'm having to buy all size M.

Oh hell. Never mind. I lose.

8. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Hey. well <cough> <cough>I do a bit of walking so I don't have the cost/stress of a bicyle so don't I win? And what is MY prize? Darell's Rav4? :p

Gosh Darell that Rav4 must be SOOO nice. I think if I drove it for a day I would HAVE to get one. Talk about an EV. Shoot now I wanna try one out. <_<

9. darelldd

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tracysbeans @ May 2 2007, 08:27 PM) [snapback]434490[/snapback]</div>
    I crawl. On broken glass. Up hill. In the snow. Against the wind. Naked.

It is so damn cool that most days when I drive it, I forget that it is anything special. We just drive it. Every day. It is just a car. A car that doesn't require any carbon fuel, and that meets 99% of our everyday needs. Amazing in it's boringness. ;)

Next time you're out this way I'd love to give you a ride (I can even get you a loaner bike for when the party gets going).

10. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ May 2 2007, 06:00 PM) [snapback]434320[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ May 2 2007, 11:16 PM) [snapback]434527[/snapback]</div>
    Tracysbeans, Do not let him show you the sectet handshake! :unsure:

11. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ May 3 2007, 12:16 AM) [snapback]434527[/snapback]</div>

Snow???? :eek: In CA??? :blink:

How can you NOT remember at ALL times that your in a cool electric vehicle? I mean just the sound alone always reminds me.

Thanks for the offer BUT if the party gets going to much I will be lucky if I will be able to even walk :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cheap! @ May 3 2007, 12:27 AM) [snapback]434532[/snapback]</div>

I see....I see :ph34r:

PS You can't be TO cheap if you got a 2006 Package #8 ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ May 2 2007, 06:20 PM) [snapback]434290[/snapback]</div>

Hurry Hurry! I can't wait much longer :blink:

12. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

There's an EV that looks similar to the GEM, kind of golf-cartish, except that it doesn't have doors.I've seen a lot of them. Does anyone have an idea what vehicle that might be?

13. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The GEM doesn't have doors unless you pay extra.

Tracy: Are you sure you want a Rav4EV? They go for about $60,000! And they're all long out of warranty.

14. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tracysbeans @ May 2 2007, 10:24 PM) [snapback]434555[/snapback]</div>
    hey the Donner party was caught in 14 feet of snow in Cali... but then again, that was before GW.... maybe is he is exegerating a bit??

15. priussoris

priussoris New Member

Hi jack thread alert!!! (off subject)

Darelldd, do you have any small vinyl stickers of your avatar?
    I would like to put one on the electric vw we have.

16. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i think you can get one very like his at cafepress.com they have a HUGE assortment of stuff plus a make you own option as well

17. Darken

Darken Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ May 3 2007, 08:20 AM) [snapback]434632[/snapback]</div>
    Holy Cow! I'm afraid to ask what they cost for 'new' back in the day! Darrell is lucky, the only place I ever saw one was in the RAV 4 catalog. I remember thinking back then what a great idea...too bad we won't see them on the East Coast.

18. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ May 3 2007, 07:07 AM) [snapback]434618[/snapback]</div>
    Maybe it's the Bombardier? Ford Think? (probably a Ford Think cause they look really golf-cartish)

I think with my hard doors on my Gem truck it looks like a space ship with a bed on it. :lol:

However I LOVE unusual looking vehicles. Especially electric ones B)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ May 3 2007, 08:20 AM) [snapback]434632[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah EVERYTHING is an option on the Gem. That's a bad thing about them. (Even a certain typr of batteres<gels) are a added option=$)

So for someone in a cold area your going to pay about an extra $5K to prepare it to drive in the winter. Sucks.

I would LOVE a Rav4 if someone would give me one! :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA @ May 3 2007, 11:19 AM) [snapback]434744[/snapback]</div>
    He is exegerating. Just like he ALWAYS does about how nice is Rav4 is <_<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darken @ May 3 2007, 01:26 PM) [snapback]434837[/snapback]</div>

I'm not Darell BUT I can answer that for you. The EV Rav4s new were about $40K BUT with about $10K in discounts. (rebates/incentives or some other s**t) Now do you SEE why Darell is SOO smug! :rolleyes:

19. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darken @ May 3 2007, 10:26 AM) [snapback]434837[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tracysbeans @ May 3 2007, 11:09 AM) [snapback]434854[/snapback]</div>
    They're worth more now than they were then due to scarcity and demand. However, I don't think Darell is exaggerating. If you can live with something as ugly as an SUV, I believe it's a great car.

I believe that within 10 years there will be a proper electric car available again, and this time all over the country.

I WANT MY XEBRA!!! I've had no news for several days, but I was left with the impression that this Sunday or Monday is not entirely impossible.

20. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ May 3 2007, 10:28 PM) [snapback]435206[/snapback]</div>

I was just joking about Darell exaggerating. I gotta give him a hard time since he currently has the BEST "full featured" EV right now that hasn't been crushed.

Man Daniel you haven't even gotten your Xebra yet and your already missing it. Think of how I felt when I have been driving one for 10 months daily and then my controller goes out. 5 days without NO electric vehicle. That was hard. However it did get fixed pretty quickly for having to get the part shipped in from ND. Just glad I'm back up and running again. Gemcars is a GREAT company to deal with. They take good care of me. B)

10 years is a long time. Glad I'm not sitting on the bleachers waiting. I don't know how people can do that. I think your smart Daniel to get what's available now. Even if it's not perfect it will get you by. I'm glad you made the decision to jump in. Your not going to regret driving electric. Matter fact going electric was one of the best things I have ever done. Even with my turtle mobile B)