1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ZENN Motor Company Confirms EEStor's Third-Party Certified Permittivity

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Fibb222, May 21, 2009.

1. Fibb222

Fibb222 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    There is no certainty about it. Your gut just thinks so. Well you may be right but, for the purposes of kick-starting the EV into high mass adoption, let's hope you are wrong.

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Obviously, I was stating an opinion. But consider the time needed for development of a new car. First EEStor would have to actually produce a capacitor. Then it would have to design and build a factory to mass produce them. Then Zenn could begin work on designing the drive train that would use the capacitor. Then it would have to design and build the factory to produce that drive train and assemble the cars with it, not to mention the car itself, because if it's to be a freeway-capable four-wheel car it will need to undergo crash testing, and Zenn does not yet have a vehicle that would be street legal above 25 mph in most states, 35 mph in a couple of states.

Yep. I'll stick with my assertion that "certainly" it's not going to happen as soon as the end of next year.

Look how long it's taking Aptera, using an existing battery technology! Do you really think that Zenn could build the City Car, using a not-yet-available "battery" in 18 months???

3. Fibb222

Fibb222 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius

4. amm0bob

amm0bob Permanently Junior...

The last place on earth to get cable, Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II

If they change the powertrain when they rebadge the car chassis, it is a different car... I believe if they make more than 50 cars at one plant, and/or get a business lic that states they plan to market more than that many cars, they'll be subject to federal as well as some state manufacturing rules/regs... the govt's position is that it's one of the hurdles we have made to reduce fly-by-night operations just out to take the customer's money and leave them with a POS car that breaks too often... it has reduced competition as well as limiting frauds to the customer... it's also made some quick scam artists wealthy by gaining investors coins and failing after a short period.

If they keep the weight about the same, and don't change too many components (other than the drive-train and wiring harness) or delete to many for that matter, they may not have to undergo full testing. But I believe they must now have a govt verified fuel consumption/mileage rating for every model that is marketed new.

1 person likes this.
  5. Steve321

Steve321 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    What is the reason Dick Weir is hiding the EESU from the public for the last 8 years, and not delivering to Zenn the last 4 years?
    Dick Weir admitted to the blogger with the bag over his head "Prototypes have been built and prototypes have been tested".

Is that the same production line Ian Clifford was expecting delivery of EESU's to Zenn from EESTOR end of 07?

6. Fibb222

Fibb222 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    If you were working on a product to take over a 3 trillion dollar world wide market (GASOLINE) wouldn't you try to keep it a secret for as long as possible? Patents aren't much protection.

This thing won't likely be that difficult to reverse engineer. I heard other organizations are already close to developing something similar.

Probably, but somewhat better I would suppose.

7. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    There is a common term for what EEStor is presently offering. It's called a pig in a poke. A "poke" being a very small coin purse. Someone offers you a very small leather sack, maybe three or four inches across, and tells you there's a pig inside, which he'd like to sell you.

The difference between you and me is that I don't believe there's really a pig in EEStor's poke. No independent person has ever seen it. You are willing to believe it's there and they don't want to show it to us for fear the competition would steal it. I'm not buying. I think Zenn has been scammed.

BTW, it would be easy to allow an independent test without ever letting the competition have anything but the public report of the independent tester, verifying that the capacitor worked, but without revealing its construction.

I hope I am wrong. On this one, I want to be wrong.

8. Fibb222

Fibb222 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I don't know what EEStor has, if anything. But there are putting on a pretty big show that's for sure. There are a lot of convinced people out there and apparently more everyday. I am at the point that I'd be very surprised if it was an out right scam.

As one EEStory poster named Orbit put it....

9. Fibb222

Fibb222 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
  10. Steve321

Steve321 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I cannot take credit for the following, it was posted by someone else,
    "The only show EESTOR is proven is hype, news releases, and wait till end of year". And that my friends is 100% factual since 2001.

Please do not compare Boeing to EESCAM...t's an insult to Boeing.

11. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    hmm. well its all conjecture really since they have done an admirable job of secrecy...

so let me conjecture a bit as well...

i would venture to say that they have already started the development process for the CitiZenn and im guessing they started that process 8 months ago as they stated.

as far as the rest, i dont think its much of a stretch for them to have designed it considering the multiple charge storage options. after all, the drivetrain is not going to work differently depending on the source of the power

as far as Kleiner P goes, they are already a known investor in Zenn AND eestor. remember the video? Zenn's level of investment would be determined by the level other companies invested in at which time a graphic displayed that K-P was also an investor.

12. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    One difference is that the airplanes were under development and the work in progress was visible.

Another difference is that these were established airline companies, building and selling many different kinds of planes in volumes the market could absorb. The promise of a new plane was credible, even if the completion date was not.

EEStor, on the other hand, is a company that has never produced a product.

It is established that Boeing can build a plane. EEstor has yet to establish that it can build a capacitor, and therefore the burden of proof is greater. They don't have to prove anything to anybody. But I don't have to believe that they are on the level.

13. Fibb222

Fibb222 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hey Stevie,

I just spent an hour reading upteen of the latest threads on EEstory.com and I'm telling you that at least 40% of the posters are crapping heavily on the idea of EEStor being real. You must have really been something else to have been banned from that site.

14. Steve321

Steve321 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Hey Fibb24, The blogger with the bag over his head can't deal with the facts. One thing I agreed with him is when he stated connect the dots...connect the dots on the following:

EEStor has open house, shows off EV prototypes
    This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 29th, 2006 at 10:34 pm
    “This is a very sophisticated electric car, with 250 to 300 miles of range,” Richard Weir, CEO, president and co-founder of EEStor said. “It’ll take a full electrical charge in about the time it takes to gas up a regular car. Just plug it up for a few minutes and you’re off.” Many auto manufacturers experimented with electric cars in the 1980s and 1990s but essentially abandoned the technology for hybrid or other alternative fuel systems due to their high cost of manufacture and maintenance. Weir believes EEStor has overcome those hurdles with their product. “This is just a preview of what’s to come. We have another major announcement for May. But seeing is believing!” he said."
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel Good Cars Tuning Up for Production; EEStor ESU on Track
    14 April 2006
    "EEStor recently informed FGC that it continues on schedule in the commercialization of the ESU. FGC is up to date and current with its commitments to EEStor Inc. with the next milestone consisting of independent 3rd party verification of EEStor’s technology, expected during the summer of 2006."
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Subject: UFTO Note - EEStor Ultracapacitor and Ultrabattery
    Date: Wed, 05 May 2004

"A number of major companies have said they would issue a purchase order quickly if specs are met.

The company is currently seeking equity investment of $3.5 million. A business plan is available.

Contact Richard D. Weir, President and CEO
    EEStor, Inc. Cedar Park, TX
    512-258-5669 [email protected]"
    EESTOR will not be delivering anything to Zenn meeting the following specs in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, etc.
    [​IMG]

EESTOR submitted the above Specimen to the United States Patent and Trademark Office which was approved. This proves trademark patents mean nothing.

If you connect the dots and don't see something is rotten with EESTOR/Zenn/Feel Good Car/Dick Weir/Ian Clifford, than Bernie Madoff has a bridge to sell to you.

BTW-When was the EESU UL Certified?

15. amm0bob

amm0bob Permanently Junior...

The last place on earth to get cable, Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II

:pop2::pop2:

16. Fibb222

Fibb222 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Well Stevie,

I catch you in a lie (no dissenters allowed on EEStory) and you come back with some evidence that they are late. EEStor's press release here: EEStor Announces Two Key Production Milestones: Automated Production Line Proven and Third Party Verification of All Key Production Chemicals Completed
    is pretty good proof that you're right about that. But that's all you got and it ain't much.

Note that ZENN's own press release on the following day says nothing about delivery time.

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Zenn-Motor-Company-TSX-VENTURE-ZNN-631412.html

And perhaps they thought a 15kWh EESU wasn't worth putting in a vehicle after all.

For all ZENN releases see:

http://www.marketwire.com/mw/search.do?action=next&currentPage=4&params=zenn&grpSearch=K&lastDateTime=2007-05-02%2017:31:00&lastReleaseId=649438

Let's go with these instead of what other bloggers say about expected delivery.

17. Fibb222

Fibb222 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    These are dubious sources. There is no reason to believe these reports are accurate. Neither are from EEStor or ZENN. I wouldn't criticize either company for what some joker puts on their "News" websites.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is no damning evidence here either. It's been established that this has been in the works for most of the decade if not longer and of course everyone will want it once it's ready. Dick Weir in 2004 was accepting financing. Big whoop.

No doubt it hasn't but it would of course need to be.

18. Fibb222

Fibb222 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Ok so I don't know if Stevie is getting to me, but I don't feel nearly as confident in EEStor and Zenn as I once did. I put my stop limit orders in.

19. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Investing in individual companies is always risky. You are gambling that you know something the market does not. You are not merely betting that the company will do well, you are betting that it will do better than the market expects it to do, since the price of a stock is based on its assets and its productivity, but also on whether the market expects it to improve or decline.

I own microscopic quantities of a few individual companies for emotional, rather than financial reasons. For investment, unless you really know something the market does not, you are much better off with a wide diversity of mutual funds.

Putting money into a company because you support their goals is noble, but this should never be money that you cannot afford to lose. I hope you have not put too large a portion of your money into Zenn. It's all a matter of proportion. If they succeed you'd feel bad if you got out entirely. But if they fail you'd feel worse if it meant you'd lose your home.

I don't own Zenn because I don't expect them to be the breakthrough company. If I was looking to invest long term I'd want to invest in Tesla. But that's just me. As it is, I'm 60 years old, and spending to enjoy life, not investing for the future.

Caveat: I'm not an investment advisor or a stock broker and all I know about the market is what common sense tells me, and "Don't put all your eggs in one basket" is common sense.

20. Fibb222

Fibb222 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I only own a couple of individual companies with the vast majority of our portfolio in a broad range of passive exchange traded funds (mutual fund MERs are too big). Zenn is just 3% of the total. But I'd hate to lose that money so hence the stop limits.