1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ZENN Motor Company Confirms EEStor's Third-Party Certified Permittivity

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Fibb222, May 21, 2009.

1. amm0bob

amm0bob Permanently Junior...

The last place on earth to get cable, Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
  2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Phoenix is using lithium batteries with fast charging capability. But if EEStor succeeds, everyone will be wanting to use their technology. Phoenix included.

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    the Zenn stock was low most of the winter but had rebounded a bit and now is sliding down slowly. i bought shares running from $5+ (mostly for kicks) to as low as $1.50 (that was for investment) and its all money i have written off. i look at the price about once a week, but mostly i do it because they always have news links to any recent stories about the company.

at last look last week sometime stock was like $4.30, i could sell at that price and walk away with about $4,000... but i think i will let it sit a while

4. Fibb222

Fibb222 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    So Zenn has filed a preliminary prospectus to raise some capital. The amount of shares and the price per share haven't been determined yet. Apparently 11 million in the bank which is enough to last them a while under normal circumstances isn't enough for their immediate plans.

They have publicly stated that they intend to go "all in" and invest the maximum they can with EEstor which could require several million more dollars and some also speculate that they may want the cash to purchase several thousand EESUs late this year as well.

What is an encouraging sign to many is that a fella named Thomas Weisel is one of the agents for this deal. This is reportedly significant because he personally has purchased over 100,000 shares of Zenn in the last 30 days and he is very friendly with the people at Kleiner Perkins.

Kleiner Perkins is the other outfit that has the option to increase their equity stake in EEStor, before ZENN. ZENN equity stake will be determined by KP's. So it appears to be a good sign that Weisel is working the deal, personally buying shares and is good friends with the people at KP.

So clearly KP is probably increasing their equity stake. The bad news is ZENN won't be able to acquire as much, but this will be seen add a lot of legitimacy to the idea that EEStor is for real and the product is coming out this year.

The equity stake determinations are supposed to happen within 30 days of the milestone payment from Zenn to EEStor that occured on 5/21/09. I guess this might be 30 business days. Anyway in the next 3 weeks we'll know a lot more.

5. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Either that, or someone is running hard with the scam. Someone who put a lot of money into EEStor and is now working very hard to make it look good so he can dump his holdings without taking a big loss.

I would bet money that ZENN will not have any EEStor EESUs to install in cars any time this year. (And I would very much want to lose the bet!)

6. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well i agree that it won t be in cars this year simply because car companies dont move that fast. Toyota appears to be one of the quickest to market AFTER announcing a product (their product development speed is as slow as everyone else though) but still take forever.

but look at others. announcing a product is one thing, bringing it to market is another. unlike other high tech items, with cars, its not an option to rush something to market and provide "fixes" for it later. sure microsoft, RIM, and apple (just a few recent events off the top of my head) can put out a product "on time" and then post a few hundred updates the day after launch or simply use the level public frustration for their final QA testing and they get away with it because no matter how many times they do this to us, we still flood the stores on every new product launch.

with cars, cant do that... reason is that its one thing to put up with a cellphone that doesnt work right out of the box, but a car is a different story. most people would be trading in their old car, so this one pretty much has to work and work right... so the "final QA" adjustments already have to be anticipated and made before getting to the showrooms.

7. Fibb222

Fibb222 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Weisel may have only being buying shares for clients not himself.... some people speculate and he'll likely make money as an agent or underwriter even if ZENN/EEStor is completely bogus. So not totally clear that Weisel's involvement is that important. Learning as I go.... rats..!

8. Steve321

Steve321 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Hey Fibb24,
    When you read the following quotes by Ian Clifford, Dick and Tom Weir,
    Favorite Quotes (BS) From EESTOR/Zenn Story - GM-Volt: Chevy Volt Forum
    if you connect the dots, doesn't it look like something is "rotten in Denmark" :).

Ian Clifford stated in 2006 EESCAM "will pull the wraps of their mysterious "battery" very soon; his exact word was "imminent" and that I could, in fact, hold my breath for their announcement"
    according to Mr. Bill Moore of EV World...are you going to call Ian Clifford a liar?

If you believe Tom Weir, EESCAM is currently "component testing", than WTH has EESCAM been doing for the last five years? Tom Weir's statement proves EESCAM never had a production line ceramic battery. All the comments and press releases by Ian Clifford and Dick Weir were nothing but BS!

9. Fibb222

Fibb222 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Again, the lateness is not a big deal to me. That's common in manufacturing.

10. Steve321

Steve321 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Let's make sure we set the record straight, EESCAM has not manufactured anything since 2001. The only thing EESCAM is known to manufacture is hype, hope, and press releases. Prove me wrong :D.

If you believe what comes out of Ian Clifford's mouth, the EESCAM characters have been working on this ceramic battery for 18 years:

"I got a call from Dick Weir late in 2002 and he was at the point where he and his partner Carl Nelson were getting ready to commercialize the technology that they had developed 10 years previously."

11. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hey, Steve: Why are you so angry about this? I think EEStor is probably a scam, but as scams go, it's not that big, and it won't have a measurable effect on the economy like the Bush tax cuts or the war or the derivatives crisis.

12. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    u lose money on Zenn stock?? if its such a scam, why does it bother you so much? heck the internet is rife with scams and people get taken in daily. what is your opinion of them?

i put money in Zenn stock, but its money i can afford to lose. i dont really buy stock with any other kind of money. i could get out now and make a few grand but what the heck? i've been in over two years, why not stick it out a little longer?

if it does well, then great, i will retire or get a CitiZenn using my stock profits. if it doesnt, well to be honest with ya... spent the money over 2 years ago, havent missed it yet so its like its not even there

13. Fibb222

Fibb222 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Ditto...

14. Fibb222

Fibb222 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
  15. Steve321

Steve321 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Daniel, My last 2 posts I have a smiley :) and a grin :D...I am not angry. The only person I have no respect for is Baghead Brendan. He is nothing but a pumper for EESCAM. As I previously posted Baghead Brendan was stating in December 08 EESCAM was delivering EESU to Zenn as scheduled and he called me an idiot. Who was right and who was wrong :)? Here is more proof of Baghead Brendan and his site pumping EESCAM.

BTW-Baghead Brendan would disagree with you, he has stated Dick Weir CEO of EESCAM should be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.

16. Steve321

Steve321 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    You could do what you want with your money. I have never told anyone to sell or buy Zenn stock. I am interested in the truth. I haven't scammed anyone. I have not used any Zenn funds on a water powered feel good car scam.

17. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Steve: you say you're not angry, but your words sound very angry.

18. Fibb222

Fibb222 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Did you see Steve's avatar on EEStory..? Sums it up pretty good.

19. Steve321

Steve321 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Hey Fibbie,
    I'm going to use Baghead Brendan's mentality...the avatar must be proof EESTOR exists :D. Since you are a follower of BB, you should know exactly what I am talking about :).

20. Steve321

Steve321 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Zawy's Prediction

Hey Fibbie, the following is courtesy of Zawy from the eescamstory.com:

Two more predictions based on the skeptical "theory" have come true: 1) the license agreement will be finalized without any confirmation of energy density and 2) new stock will be issued without any public evidence that energy density has been reached.
    This last item is the most incredible. No one in their right mind, unless they took a very negative view of "what's going on", could have believed another multi-million dollar stock issuance could occur in this credit environment without any evidence of energy density. No prototype. Incredible.
    April 5, zawy: "With fake permittivity results this year, Zenn will be able to issue more stock for another $10 million which will keep their salaries and benefits coming into 2011."
    April 7, zawy: "Yes, they need to announce permittivity this year in a way that does not give away the fact that it's impossible to get high energy density with high permittivity. But they have less than 6 months to do it. After that, it will be too late to issue more stock"
    Here are the other predictions made by the skeptical theory that have come to past.
    3) EEStor would not deliver even prototype EESUs in 2008
    4) That LM comments indicated LM made no monetary investment (this was predicted and tested)
    5) That the newspaper comment that Zenn had a prototype must have been an error.
    6) That Weir and Nelson must have run similar business failure(s) in the past. This was found to be true.
    7) That Zenn may have given unrealistic expectations in the past that did not come true. The best example is Ian predicting something like 2,000 cars to be made in 2005, when they made, what, 50?
    8) That KP would continue to have no comment unlike its other energy storage technologies. This is based on the skeptical theory that KP now realizes EEStor is a failure. This is a still a testable prediction: any positive comments from KP will be a huge blow to the skeptical position.
    9) That permittivity would be announced this year, but voltage and energy density would be excluded from the comments.
    Can the believers make any testable prediction that has any substance like the predictions above? I'm running out of things to predict, since all my predictions have come true. But let me try to add more:
    1) no prototype will emerge in 2009 (or ever)
    2) KP remains silent in 2009 (and forever)
    3) no reliable public testing of voltage verses permittivity will be done in 2009 (or ever)
    4) Canadian authorities will get involved.
    5) Between 1 and 10 class action lawsuits will be filed against Zenn in late 2009 or 2010, if there is more than $3 million in cash remaining. Rudy would be able to predict this better.