1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Zero sound from speakers

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by sdesmeules, Feb 7, 2020.

1. sdesmeules

sdesmeules New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    My Gen 2 Prius recently sat for a few weeks after having the catalytic converter stolen. The battery died in the meantime, and I had the shop put on a new converter yesterday. After bringing it back from the shop (they charged the battery back up), I went turn on the radio, and no sound was coming from the speakers. The usual audio BEEPs when I press buttons weren't happening either.

The radio appears to be working, turns on, scans through channels, switches between CD and FM, etc, CDs sound like they're playing, but ZERO sound comes out! Any ideas on this??

2. Genio951

Genio951 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I am having the same issue. Have you had any luck solving it?

3. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    @Genio951, Perhaps try posting in one of the Gen 3 forums. Not all problems and solutions transfer across generations.

4. Owner of "Little Green"

Owner of "Little Green" Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I had the same thing happen. My CAT was stolen. I had that replaced and covered. Then my 12V battery died and had to replace that, then the dashboard screen went blank and they fixed that for $400, then Coolant control valve code came on, and now my radio/CD player doesn't work!! YIKES!!