1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Adding microphone for "factory" Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ereed, Jan 7, 2012.

1. ereed

ereed New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Saw a similar question to mine asked years ago with no response.

So here's some background. My Prius has the 6 base speaker sound system with backup camera. The touchscreen on my MFD failed. I bought what was supposed to be the same version MFD off of eBay but received the version for the 9 speaker, JBL stereo, with Bluetooth. I decided to try it out...

The whole thing works fine. Even the Bluetooth, except I have no mic. So my question, is everything wired for the mic? If I just bought the stock mic and amp to stick up by the dome light, would it work? That would make my wife very happy!

2. OBJUAN

OBJUAN Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    probably late to the show but if someone else see's the thread, preamp inside map lamp console and the lamp pcb is different, has a jack for the preamp power....

3. Bob Ingram

Bob Ingram New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I have the same question as I had to replace the MFD and see you can buy the microphone but I did not know where it connects. Also what is the M15 used for?

4. Cateran

Cateran Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The link listed below is what you need.
    The factory bluetooth installation DIY