1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has anyone received a CA Green HOV Sticker yet?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by elmofongo, Mar 2, 2012.

1. crackers8199

crackers8199 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    I guess that definitively answers the question of "will there be stickers numbered greater than 40000?" Once and for all...

Sapien likes this.
  2. icesalmon

icesalmon Junior Member

I received my HOV sticker today. The number is 40332. It was issued on the 4/15. That means they processed my complete application within a day or two. I got it on the mail today. Dianne is wrong, they issue the number beyond 40,000 mark.

ckam1989, Sapien and greenleaf like this.
  3. bilofsky

bilofsky Privolting Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Chevy Volt
    Let's not beat up on Dianne too much. Lots of other people said there would be no stickers above 40,000.

And now we don't have to speculate any more.

4. greenleaf

greenleaf Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    To put it mildly, when I stated my case (based on facts) that the stickers will go beyond 40,000, Dianne insinuated that I was posting irresponsibly. People who say the stickers will stop at 39,999 were misguided by her statements.

Prius Five Guy and Sapien like this.
  5. jdk2

jdk2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    This will make it nearly impossible to keep track of remaining stickers for prospective buyers and dealers who sell their existing stickered stock.

What a mess!

6. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Brenna, thanks for solving the mystery. So I guess this means that for each set of stickers ruined and replaced that's one more set with a number over 40K. Glad you were able to get yours. I'll bet you gave the cleaner a little more time to dry this time! :p Sure glad I didn't bet anyone any $$$ over this issue! ;)

Brenna likes this.
  7. bilofsky

Vehicle:
    2014 Chevy Volt
    Au contraire. ARB has been posting the count every Monday for the past few weeks, and I've been graphing the trend. Posters in this thread have been providing excellent logs of how long it takes for a sticker to be issued (when their check is cashed) after mailing their application.

Just ignore the real mess - all the speculation - and pay attention to the dates and ARB count. You won't find a better place to keep track of remaining stickers than this thread.

8. vajratlr

vajratlr Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    In all fairness, the total amount of stickers issued is probably still 40K as those lost stickers are no longer part of the 40K. So if your sticker # is say 40100, I suspect that 100 original stickers were replaced and the #'s on those stickers are no longer valid. I mean do you really think DMV is gonna replace your sticker and give you the same number???

9. greenleaf

greenleaf Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Common sense says that you won't get the same number, and this is Brenna's recent experience in post #1097. The only post that says the same sticker numbers will be re-issued is #943, which incidentally I do not believe is correct.

10. bilofsky

Vehicle:
    2014 Chevy Volt
    Not just common sense, but DMV form Reg 1000D, the application for HOV stickers, which in the section on replacements states "Decals are issued in sets of three (white) or four (green) and a new decal number will be assigned."

Gee, I wish we could stop beating this to death.

lensovet likes this.
  11. crackers8199

crackers8199 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    just as an aside (and an update), last night we received my duplicate application and check back from DMV. so, it seems sending in a duplicate if you're afraid you missed something or messed something up doesn't hurt you...

12. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    All's well that ends well......... :)

13. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    rxlawdude likes this.
  14. acceleraptor

acceleraptor Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    • 3/31: Purchase of PiP
    • 4/7 - 4/9: Called DMV but VIN not yet in system
    • 4/9: Dealer said unknown delay in financing end
    • 4/12: Learned financing approved 4/10, but everyone out, must wait 'til Monday
    • 4/14: Learned Lic Plate #
    • 4/15: DMV confirmed Plate # was in system, okayed sending in app + check
    • 4/15: Overnighted to App Form Address to receive 4/16
    • 4/17 or 18: Received Plates
    • 4/25: Received Decals #40,382 in mail

Critical Steps:
    1. Financing (any must clear before submission to DMV for Vehicle Reg)
    2. License Plate # (from Vehicle Reg--must be in their system, at a minimum, before they will accept Reg 1000D--I got the number for their Special Program Processing dept, (855) 230-8747 and just called every day asking if my VIN or Plate # was in the system yet until it was and didn't wait for the plates)
    3. Send Reg 1000D (form must be complete per instructions at:
      Clean Air Vehicle (CAV) Decals - High Occupancy Vehicle HOV Lane Usage
      )
    4. Receive the Plates (still ultimately need the plates, and they still need to match the Lic Plate # you submitted on your form, although I've heard anecdotal reports that some have successfully submitted forms with the Lic # left blank because they were told by the DMV the VIN was in the system, told to submit anyway, and that their dept would "figure it out"--also heard reports that agents in same dept have told applicants not to do that, so, if both are true, the agents aren't all that consistent)
    Apart from the holdup with the finance company and with waiting for the decals after the app+check should have arrived, this seemed about as expeditious as was within my power to make the process go.

Note: The linked form instructions state to ensure your name and address match DMV records, i.e. no typoed names, match address exactly (I even ensured the lack of abbreviation of street type and capitalization matched). Otherwise, the instructions link states to submit a Change of Address form along with it.

(This info is probably more academic than helpful at this point in the 40k limit, unless legislation passes to change it.)

jeffws likes this.
  15. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    So far, it looks like roughly 1% of the stickers have been replaced for whatever reason- damaged, stolen, car totaled, etc. I wonder if the DMV will hang on to some for these purposes in the future, or will they have new ones printed as needed?

16. greenleaf

greenleaf Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Many posts back, I predicted the stickers will get to 41,xxx.

I think DMV probably just printed in one shot to say 50,000 for the green stickers. This will cost them less than to print an additional 500 stickers at a time.

17. bilofsky

Vehicle:
    2014 Chevy Volt
    JMT, PriusC_Commuter and icesalmon like this.
  18. JMT

JMT Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

Did the website revert back to an older date? Below is what I am seeing...

This page last reviewed April 28, 2014

As of April 7, 2014, 38,478 "green" stickers have been issued. Green stickers are valid through January 1, 2019.

bilofsky likes this.
  19. bilofsky

Vehicle:
    2014 Chevy Volt
    Yes.

The page was edited to add the BMW i3 REx as qualified for a green sticker. Looks like the person who did it started with an old version of the page.

lensovet likes this.
  20. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

...sounds reasonable...in 2013 CA sold 20,000 PHEV so if you say CA was close to 30,000 on Jan-1 then we might have said around June, but of course the cars are probably selling faster at the moment