1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

jump terminals on a 2013 prius c (under the hood) There or Not

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by john roman, Apr 9, 2013.

1. john roman

john roman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    my door tag says 1/13 and no terminal

2. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Yessir.

3. john roman

john roman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    hears the thing though ive seen a diagram for it and talked to toyota headquarters and they comfirmed that there is one in the fuse box and in the owners manuel showing how to jump it off via fuse box terminal. mine has neither

4. toyotechwv

toyotechwv Toyota Technician

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Should have both fuse blocks tomorrow. I'll post pics.

5. john roman

john roman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    ok tks so now toyota head quarters is saying that no prius c 2013 has a jump terminal on the car.

6. toyotechwv

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    ummmm yeah, tell that to the Habanero C in our showroom..... and every other C on our lot for that matter.

ztanos likes this.
  7. john roman

john roman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

8. john roman

john roman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
  9. toyotechwv

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Update- Both fuse blocks are on backorder. Should be arriving in next couple weeks. Will keep you posted.

SPH-D710 ? 2

denali123 and frodoz737 like this.
  10. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    It's only in the manual. This said the website has two manuals covering 2013, one with the jump terminal and one without*. It would seem apparent that c's manufactured before a certain time don't have it and c's manufactured after a certain time do have it.

Unfortuntely, it doesn't seem that the "2013" owners posting to this thread are posting their production dates from the tag on the B-pillar when they're saying if they do or don't have it, so it isn't yet apparent from empirical evidence when the change occured.

* They've made a horrible mess of it on their site currently - it was neater before. It's in the "Steps To Take In An Emergency" section, near the end.

2012 without jump point (p.475)
    2013 without jump point (p. 477)
    2013 with jump point (p. 479)

It's not really an issue - if your car doesn't have it, it was manufactured before they started putting them in, and you're in the same boat as all 2012 owners. Your car just doesn't have it - Toyota doesn't need to do anything.

11. citroenjohn

citroenjohn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    My 2013 (made in 12/12) doesn't have them and I really don't care one way or the other. It's still a fine, no a great car, and I have no issue with Toyota making a change after my car was made. I really don't feel Toyota owes me an update, unless there is a safety issue which I doubt. My owner's manual tells me how to jump start the car, that's all I need to know.

12. john roman

john roman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I understand now my manufacture date on the door jam is 1/13, so i guess they started after that date its no big deal just, would make jumping the car off eaiser thats all. Another member said that i can get another fuse block and plug that in so ill probably do that. I feel that it being a mod or not toyota should put one on if others have it. Does any one know the exact date that they switched it.

13. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    I can't even remember the last time I jump started a car - it was many, many years ago - before headlights automatically turned off and before interior dome lights automatically turned off. In my last car I got back from a month overseas having just missed the coldest day in Sydney in 60 years, to find the car's original battery - then 7 years old - had quit. The road service guy took one look at it and booked the battery patrol to come and replace it. It had showed no signs of being near death prior to that, but fair enough.

The Prius will be admittedly more interesting given the usual clues of a low battery will not be present... but if the day comes, to be honest I'm kind of looking forward to giving someone a heck of a surprise when I open a rear door and ask them to pull up there.

14. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I do not own a C model, but have test driven one as an option for later purchase. This Thread is interesting because it points out and effectivity change in manufacturing that people should be aware of. The only concern I see here is to verify one's Owner Manual matches the location of the jump terminal of your vehicle. But of course everyone reads the book and gets to know their under hood...er uh...under seat...Right? I'm curious to to see the results of toyotechwv's research towards a possible modification, all lawyers aside. He does not have to do this for us and I think we owe him thanks, especially those who own a 2013 C Model. (y)

Rob.au and ztanos like this.
  15. john roman

john roman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    i agree with you thanks alot i want to add the terminal to my prius, i hope i can do it.

16. novasquid

novasquid Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    i just checked mine, and my 1/13 manufactured c4 doesn't have the jump terminal under the hood.

17. toyotechwv

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Ok guys, the other relay block finally arrived. Here are some pics of both side by side. One without jump terminal, one with.

SPH-D710 ? 2

Attached Files:

18. Optical Illusions

Optical Illusions Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Let us know if this can be swap and replace on the 2012 PC please. And if it does could you list the part # for us 2012 owners to order too please :)

19. Hodr

Hodr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    As a '12 owner (and someone with a history of leaving his headlights on) I would definitely be interested in this. How hard would it be to swap out?

Also, do the Prius C headlights automatically shut off? I tested with a 5-10 minute trip into the drug store and when I came out they were still on.

-Hodr

20. sdnlgm

sdnlgm Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    production date 2/13 and + terminal is under the hood in the drivers side fuse box as shown in the image earlier

Rob.au likes this.