1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mudguards for the C?

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by SILVERCwSUN, Jul 23, 2012.

1. SILVERCwSUN

SILVERCwSUN Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Enjoying the C....but really would like Toyota to make the mud guards available for purchase..I wonder why the mother ship waits soooooo long to produce OEM accessories. New year model and design...I understand.
    This will be my next add-on for sure.

Hellooooooo mudguard dept? How's about getting the plastic injector fired up and filling some mud guard molds/templates. :)

2. priusCpilot

priusCpilot Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Hehe.

I did hear though no other accessories will be in the works for this year so we need to see what they add in the future models.

3. SILVERCwSUN

SILVERCwSUN Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    And you heard from whom?? Was it from Toyota corporate HQ or the rumor mill :)

4. priusCpilot

priusCpilot Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I forget but I think it was someone that contacted Toyota and found out that they won't have other accessories this year other then what is available. They posted here somewhere about it I think.

5. robert c

robert c Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Justin Park likes this.
  6. maddog61

maddog61 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    robert c ...where did u get the mudguards

7. KaliforniaKid

KaliforniaKid 2013 Prius v Five 2012 Priuc c Four

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Robert C...
    Your link to JuicedHybrid.com (a ten star vendor in my opinion) are mudflaps for the Prius at $118.25.
    Are you saying that they will fit on the Prius C with "Lots of trim work on front guards rear were pretty easy."
    Can you clarify.
    Had to shave off some plastic for contour?
    Bolts or screw placement adhoc?
    Wonder if mudflaps for a Yaris would be a closer fit?

8. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I don't see any for the C on that site. I got to find some. These wide 7 inch wheels sit the tire out just a shade.
    Dan

9. SILVERCwSUN

SILVERCwSUN Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three

10. SILVERCwSUN

SILVERCwSUN Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Went by my dealer and the Yaris mud guards seemed close, Parts guy let me do a dry run, but not a factory fit for the C so I passed on the purchase. I would like to know how Robert C installed his set. They really have to be secure, as they will take a lot of abuse from rain, snow and road debris. Maybe he will chime in and help us out. Did he use the existing mounting holes? Are there mounting holes? If so maybe the mothership has plans to produce flaps for the C.

11. robert c

robert c Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Yes the Front splash guards took a lot of trimming, rear were easy fit. the link i supplied are the exact set I ordered. This was a four hour job to make these front splash guards work. But I wanted the look they provided. Good luck.

12. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible Chance favors the prepared mind.

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Robert C, could you provide a bit of play-by-play on the modifications you had to do? I'm sure there are a number of us that are up to the task but many would benefit immensely by having a coaching. Are the modifications self-evident and simply took a lot of time to do correctly? Are there ways NOT to do something?

It looks to me that the contour of the body panels are pretty much the deciding factor in whether a set of guards would mate up. Do these mate well? Exactly? Almost?

With the extensive modifications will they hold up to huge chunks of winter ice/slush that has frozen solid? I kick those chunks to knock them off, will I knock off the guards with them?

And finally, are these a permanent fix or should we wait (and wait, and wait) for factory guards?

Thanks much for your being a point man on this issue.

ChinchillaGirl likes this.
  13. robert c

robert c Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    OK first I started with the passenger side front guard. Place the guard up to the front fender the first thing you come in contact with is the lower plastic fender insert you must trim this around 2" starting with the inside to out, small cuts you will need a very sharp blade, make sure you do not cut the lower support on the guard. This is the tricky part because you need all the lower guard support for snow and mud that will hang on in the winter time. OK after snug fit against outer fender is achieved mark drivers side guard and cut. Mark and use the quick nuts that you will have to buy at you local auto zone. All of the quick nuts can be placed on the plastic inside fender well with a small cut with a utility knife 3 per guard, be careful here cut once measure and mark twice. The rear guards are easy maybe 15min. Front guards 3+hours but they are worth it.

14. endar

endar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
  15. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible Chance favors the prepared mind.

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I bought the Prius mudflaps to put on the C.

The rears fit very nicely, though I had to grind off some of the backing nuts to they would fit the fender lip area. They are wider than the set for the Yaris. The Yaris rears really are too narrow. I have the wider wheels, so YMMV.

The fronts I have not done. It will require thinking and I haven't been in the right frame of mind for it. Now it's gonna snow before I know it. I'd better get my mind right soon.

16. danjag

danjag Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks for the link, Robert C. I also found a 5% off discount code at retailmenot dott comm, enter "LINK" in the box at checkout on juicedhybrid.

17. Justin Park

Justin Park Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
  18. danjag

danjag Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Robert C, would it be possible to see some close-up photos of the modifications you did to the front mud guards? I read your play-by-play, but I think a picture or two would help immensely. Thanks!!! Dan

Justin Park likes this.
  19. Justin Park

Justin Park Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I don't think its gonna happen boys :/

as long as he has those installed on his car, he wont be undoing it to take pictures

20. danjag

danjag Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    OK then, next guy to do this install, please take photos of the modifications.

Justin Park likes this.