1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Nav and Audio Questions

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jabecker, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Matt M.

Matt M. Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I agree that it stinks that there are basically no usable voice commands for the nav, but I honestly don't understand all of the hate on the 2012 premium HDD nav system. I don't use it a whole lot, but I do use it regularly, and I find it to work perfectly adequately. I've never had a problem finding a point of interest I'm looking for, and the routing and graphics and voice announcements are fine.

2. CBarr31

CBarr31 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Matt,

I am not necessarily "hating" the 2013 HDD NAV but the older versions were/are a lot more user friendly, IMO. Not having a "Suspend Guidance" voice command is just plain asinine. Same goes for allowing the guidance to talk during phone calls.

Chris

3. nklb

nklb Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Unfortunately no, there is no way to check individual tire pressure. The manual is wrong.
    TPMS display on 2012 Prius 3 | PriusChat

4. Matt M.

Matt M. Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I definitely agree that the lack of any useful voice commands is ridiculous. And you're right, I forgot about the problem with nav talking during phone calls.

The other thing I really don't like is the lockout on most features when the car is moving - so even if you have a passenger who could be programming the nav safely while driving, they can't.

But *if* you put those problems (which are admittedly quite major problems) aside, and just use the interface on the screen, I've found that it works just fine, in fact I'd say it's pretty good.