1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Prius non HID headlight adjustment

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by QuillBin, Feb 11, 2018.

1. QuillBin

QuillBin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    So the headlamps on my Prius seem to be out of alignment. The left headlamp seems to be aimed higher than the right one and the right one seems to be pointing to the ground.

Where is the adjuster screw for these headlamps? I don't have the owner's manual because for whatever reason it didn't come with the car when I bought it back in 2015. (On my old Honda Accord, the adjuster screw was on top of the headlight housing)

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Even knowing where the adjuster is still leaves a pretty big mystery around how you get to it, if somebody hasn't explained to you how it is all designed for very simple access using a long Phillips screwdriver from above.

Here's a recent post explaining that for a Gen 2 (and it has a link to an older post that's from a Gen 1, but has pictures showing how the access from above works).

-Chap

SFO likes this.