1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Prius Persona Modifications?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Toasticuss, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Toasticuss

Toasticuss Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Hey guys,

I am in the U.S. and just picked up a 2013 Prius persona, I've been lurking on the board for about a week now and noticed some cool mods. However I've seen that almost everyone that does a modification it's for a 2009, 2010, or 2011 Prius. The dealership said the base model has stayed the same since 2009 or 2008, is this true?

If so does that mean all of the installation instructions on here remain the same and work for this 2013 car?

I am looking to start with modifications to the interior lights as they looked the easiest and then the exterior. Does anyone have any suggestions for LED lights that fit? Preferably tinted light blue or bright white.

If I wanted to add 8000k tinted blue lights to the front what is the easiest route to go?

Also have there been any significant advancements in modding the computer display? Changing background images or colors?

2. Sfcyclist

Sfcyclist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Hello and welcome,

I just got my Prius a few weeks ago.

In terms of changes for G3, only major change I recall is the front bumper changed which started in 2012 model.

In regards to other things you're interested in, I'm sure your find it here.

3. wotcher

wotcher Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    get yourself a HID with 5000k (slight bluish white light) to improve your light output and get your desired blue. There hasn't been any display upgrades. But some have modded the green mods to different colors or increased their brightness.

4. Eclipse1701d

Eclipse1701d Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Congrats on the new vehicle!

I highly recommend getting SolarGuard or a 3M clear bra on the front of your new Persona. Mine's Pearl, and I just spent hours fixing six chips on the front of the car (only 1,400 miles). The car is now parked, and will not move until my installation is complete...

Dawit likes this.
  5. css28

css28 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Not precisely. The current generation (called Gen III on this forum) started with model year 2010.

Welcome aboard!

6. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    The Prius"v" uses approximately the same chassis, too. Basically, the springs, tires and wheels are different, because the "v" weighs more.

I've custom made sever under chassis modifications that enhances the ride.

Again, welcome aboard, and enjoy your new Prius.

7. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It's also a great way to hurt people's eyes, cause car accidents and assure that people will constantly be flashing their high beams at you 'because they think yours are on. Seriously, you bright headlight people are a menace to society... My eyes hurt just thinking about all the times you've made the road more dangerous. I hope y'all get ticketed and fined for your unsafe ways!

8. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Bullet Salvador likes this.
  9. wotcher

wotcher Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    you're completely wrong. "you bright headlight people" what you're talking about is improperly aligned HIDs. Those people that are referring just drop a HID into projector housing that wasn't meant for them. hence, the light is diffused, scattered and bounced around causing the hurting people's eyes and moving vehicle accidents. To avoid these problems, auto manufacturers have designed cutoffs into their lights were the light pattern will not go above a certain limit called the cutoff. "true headlight people" seek to obtain the perfect cutoff. luckily, the prius projector provides decent to good cutoff even with dropping in an HID. I also hate those people that burn your eyes out with their crappy HID kits. But you're doing yourself and the rest of us a disservice by failing to see the distinction.

example:
    F8L's retro
    [​IMG]

I don't have time to link to the all the other priuschat members with good HID cutoffs.

SAronian and PriusCamper like this.
  10. Sfcyclist

Sfcyclist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Retrofit is nice but from what I've seen cut off with his conversion kit seems acceptable. As in not blinding. The main difference with factory hid are the auto leveling.

11. Toasticuss

Toasticuss Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Do you have any links for those items?

Is there a complete part number list for lights that fit in the Prius? Say I wanted to make all of the interior lights blue instead of bright white where could I look up the light that fits in there?

Thank you for the replies!

12. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    They sell basic kits on ebay for Prius, but if you want to change color you're just gonna have to do 'em one at a time.

13. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four

Lamp Replacement Guide View All Bulbs

14. Toasticuss

Toasticuss Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Thanks! So those should all be compatible with the 2013 model? I noticed there are two step light part numbers, are the driver and passenger door light different?

15. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The lights in the doors are the same.

16. Toasticuss

Toasticuss Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    So 168 or 175 work in either door?

17. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    168 and 175 uses the same base. It sounds like you want ultra blue. You can get WLED-BHP5 from superbrightleds, which will fit the doors, map lights (over shifter) and vanity lights (under sunshades) (as well as license plate and front headlight markers). Dome lights over rear passenger area require a different base.

18. Toasticuss

Toasticuss Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    What does it mean when they use same base? They have the same connectors at the bottom but they can have more LEDs depending on the LED installed on the base?

I just purchased 6 of these - 1pcs Blue T10 194 168 2825 5 x 5050 SMD LED Super Bright Car Lights Lamp Bulb | eBay

Also, do you know if all of these are accurate in the 2013 Prius?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Toyota Prius LED Conversion Size:
    Low Beam Headlight Bulb Size: h11
    High Beam Headlamp Light Bulb Size: 9005
    Parking Light Bulb Size: 2825
    Front Turn Signal Light Bulb Size: 992 (7440A)
    Rear Turn Signal Light Bulb Size: 992 (7440A)
    Tail Light Bulb Size: (LED Already)
    Stop Light Bulb Size: (LED Already)
    High Mount Stop Light Bulb Size: (LED Already)
    Fog/Driving Light Bulb Size: h11
    License Plate Light Bulb Size: 2825
    Back Up Light Bulb Size: 7440
    Front Side Marker Light Bulb Size: 2825
    Map Light Bulb Size: 168
    Dome Light Bulb Size: DE3175
    Step/Courtesy Light Bulb Size: 175
    Trunk/Cargo Area Light Bulb Size: DE3022

Found from this -

Can Someone Please Put Together A Simple LED Up Grade Chart? | PriusChat

19. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The cutoff for the factory headlight projectors are fine for an aftermarket HID kit. They are not perfect but the design will not create a menacing situation like adding HIDs to a reflector style headlight would. The bowing at the edges looks scary but the light dims quickly the further from the center you get. I was flashed once while I had them.

My cutoff with HIDs in the factory 2012 projectors.
    image.jpg

Compare that picture to the one posted earlier of my old retrofit in my 2005 Prius. Obviously that cutoff is MUCH nicer both both are magnitudes safer than the cutoff or lack of cutoff from a reflector style housing.

In other words, I say go for it.

20. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Correct.

Should be fine. Make sure you have them on the inside only, as blue light is illegal on the outside in the United States.