2014 Prius V Bluetooth Issue.

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by DonaldPDavisJr, Apr 27, 2021.

1. DonaldPDavisJr

DonaldPDavisJr New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hello All
    I just purchased a 2014 Prius V and wondering if there is a fix for the Bluetooth connection issue.
    Phone Calls work fine, Music no luck playing from my iPhone 8+.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Donald

2. rjparker

rjparker Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Make sure its pairing for Phone and, at the same time for Music. Check under Setup, Bluetooth, Paired Device List. See below.

If you have the phone connected to the usb port, the Music goes through the Audio Source USB rather than bluetooth. To charge and use music bluetooth, charge through the 12v outlet instead.
    4011C4F4-F685-4AE4-B927-674ACF1E9F33.jpeg

#2 rjparker, Apr 27, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
  3. DonaldPDavisJr

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    RJParker

Thanks for your reply. I tried syncing my iPhone 8+ just using bluetooth, not charging my phone and phone calls and text messages work fine, no music. Headunit is a 57011 with software version 5.2.0

Music works fine like you described using Aux cable so that is how I am using it at the moment.

Donald

4. rjparker

rjparker Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I have the same radio and pair with IPhone or Ipad, latest OS. You have to ensure pairing for bluetooth music is enabled as described. Then select bluetooth again as the audio source. Once you get it, the mfd usually will remember the next time unless you also have another device paired in the car.

5. DonaldPDavisJr

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I have tried everything to get music to stream to my entune app in my 2014 Prius V with no luck. Car Entune app says it is synced for Music And Phone but will not sync for internet with the App open on my phone as well as my iPhone’s entune app will not sync with my car’s entune. Phone and text messages work perfectly.

I wonder could the size of my music library be the issue? Is there a GB limit on size of music Library?

6. rjparker

rjparker Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Entune is probably the problem. You don't need it to have bluetooth music. There were various usb stick updates for entune for various issues. Check the reviews on the app store.

FAB2920B-F7EC-4D24-A728-60602A91534E.jpeg

7. DonaldPDavisJr

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Checked the reviews, WOW! I don’t feel so inept anymore. So how would I get Bluetooth to stream music in my car? It doesn’t but phone audio does and text messages work. So I’m at a lost and I am pretty handy when it comes to using tech but this has me stumped.

8. rjparker

rjparker Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Remove Entune from your phone. No usb plugged in. Hopefully your phone is already paired to the car or else you would have no bluetooth phone. Have no other bluetooth devices nearby.

Read the instructions above. In post 2 tell the car to Connect for Music. Not for internet. When thats good go to post 5.

Once you get it once it will hook up automatically almost everytime. If not check procedure in post 2 again.

9. gromittoo

gromittoo Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Like RJP said, don't bother with Entune. My Wife and Daughter both have iPhone 8 phones, and their phones just connect. They never touch the "Apps" button which launches the Entune software on the head unit.

When I get into my car, and my wife drove it last, the Audio Mode will be in Bluetooth Audio mode. I have to hit the "mode" button on the steering wheel a few times to cycle through the various audio modes to get back to FM radio.

10. DonaldPDavisJr

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks for the reply Gromitoo, I just resided too use AUX input for music and Bluetooth for Phone and text messages. I try every few days but no luck streaming music.

Question for all, could this be a memory size issue? My music library on my iPhone 8+ is 57 gigs?