1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2015 Prius v (lowercase v) bike rack

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by Keith Naylor, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Keith Naylor

Keith Naylor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    has anyone installed a bike rake on the Prius v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon) 2015. If so, what type and does it work well. Thank you

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    There is one guy who mounted a roof top rack system on a v but had to drill holes in the roof to do so. If I still needed a bike rack, I would install a 2" receiver hitch (some require no drilling of the body or frame) and then use a good quality hitch mounted bike rack.

3. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
  4. ansugv3

ansugv3 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I have hitch mount bike rack on my v. Here is the trailer hitch I am using Curt 1-1/4 inch, 2015 Toyota Prius v Trailer Hitch | etrailer.com, very simple install and straight forward instructions. And I am using Prorack 2-bike platform,

For the price, the Prorack is good choice. I only use it once or twice a month, never really leave it on for long term. I would not recommended it for 2 reasons:
    1. it does not come with lock for the bike. I use bike chain around the 2 bikes and lock it with a u-lock to the rack.
    2. if you plan to have it on all the time, the rack does not fold easily. You'll always have to move the wheel brackets to have it completely folded up and locked with the safety pins.