1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2016 windshield wiper arm

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by lohikaarme, Jan 18, 2019.

1. lohikaarme

lohikaarme Troll

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    i have been following the discussions on the unique connector of the 2016 wiper arms. I cant believe toyota would do this, but as i have never tried to change my blades i did not realize this would be an issue. I am debating just buying 2018 arms and swapping mine out to allow for hassle free standardization. Has anyome gone this route? I think there there will be an issue with the ability to replace.

2. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think 2016 Gen4 uses same wiper blades as PRIME. OEM blades are good quality and sell at any Toyota dealers. When I bought my PRIME over a year ago, I ordered online a pair of complete wiper blades (~$14 each) and a pair of replacement rubber (~$8). Not much hassle to purchase them. I have not yet changed my original wiper after 17 months. Are 2018 Gen4 models wiper arms different from 2017 and 2016?

3. The Professor

The Professor Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    And now there are at least 2 third-party wiper blades that fit. I currently have Bosch AeroTwins.

There would have been little demand for them until now, given wiper blades would usually be OK for 2 or 3 years.

4. scottymusprime

scottymusprime New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four

Can you confirm which after market blades fit? Tried nearly every third-party blade available at Autozone, unsuccessfully.

5. The Professor

The Professor Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    User242 likes this.