1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2017 Prius 3 Touring Homelink Upgrade?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by VictorBravo, Jun 1, 2017.

1. VictorBravo

VictorBravo New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    With all my research on the forum/web I can't seem to find any success stories of owners installing the OEM Homelink mirror to a 2017 Prius Touring 3 with Toyota Safety Senseā„¢(TSS). With all those electronics behind the OEM mirror there is obviously power up there so it should be possible, right?

Here is the 2016 OEM mirror I am considering: not a direct link :)
    "shop.priuschat.com/auto-dimming-mirror-with-homelink-2016-toyota-prius"

If anyone has any insight to why this would or wouldn't work, please respond. thank you!

2. XnsmX

XnsmX Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Please read up on this thread:
    Adding Homelink mirror | PriusChat

Also there is a review in link you posted "Does not fit 2016 three with sunroof and ATP." It's probably doesn't fit because of all the electronics up there.

3. VictorBravo

VictorBravo New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Thank you. I read this as well and the main issue I believe is finding the correct HomeLink mirror that has a long enough neck on it to not interfere with the TSS plastic cover. I called the dealer and they wanted 700$ for the OEM mirror. Not happening. 200$ sure. I don't have a sunroof but I do have the TSS. I prefer OEM but not at that price!

This is the mirror I need to find for the right price. Compatible with the TSS.

Attached Files:

4. Adam1a

Adam1a Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    You just need the right extension to mount the mirror. This may help.