2019 Prius Prime Advanced - Front Grille Replacement

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-Current)' started by Pedro Castillo, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Pedro Castillo

Pedro Castillo New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Hello,

I recently upgraded my Prius Prime Premium to a Prius Prime Advance, and I am loving it with all of the extra features you get with this package. Unfortunately, a week after I bought someone hit my front grille and put a hole in it.

I can submit it to my insurance, but my deductible is 1000.00 more than it would cost to repair it. So I have decided to do it myself, but unfortunately, I have not found proper details instructions to go through the entire process of replacing it, the Toyota website where I bought the Grille does have instructions but after following them it appears there are more components that need to be removed such as the headlights, etc. before removing the Grille.

Also, I have looked on YouTube videos but no luck as the only videos I was able to find where for the regular Prius, does anybody know where I can get complete instructions of what needs to be taken apart so I can proceed with the replacement?

Thanks in advance,

Attached Files:

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

techinfo.toyota.com

3. Washingtonian

Washingtonian Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Welcome to the forum, Pedro. I have a suggestion that doesn't concern your car. You probably should change your avatar to remove your home address. Just a city and state is more than enough.

4. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
  5. Pedro Castillo

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Thank you very much for the link Salamander_king, I will have a friend translate the document for me.

Salamander_King likes this.
  6. Pedro Castillo

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Completed the job over the weekend, saved me $400 quoted by my local body shop.

Thanks, again Salamander_king

Salamander_King likes this.
  7. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Did you ended up replacing entire grill sub-assembly (part #53101 in the diagram both acrylic fascia and black grill together)? Or could you just replace the acrylic part of the grill sub-assembly (shown in the diagram below with the orange arrow)? I have a crack on the acrylic fascia just like yours, but since you can't buy just the acrylic part separately, I have not touched it yet.

GRILLE SUB-ASSEMBLY_parts.png

#7 Salamander_King, Jun 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2019