2019 prius xle support Sirius XM radio?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Steph smith, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Steph smith

Steph smith Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Does the 2019 Prius XLS support sirius xm radio? Want to know if built-in for XLE or do you have to buy a kit?
    Found this on web
    Certain models feature built-in SiriusXM* radio technology which simply requires a current subscription.

Certain models offer SiriusXM-compatibility which requires the purchase of an installation kit (includes receiver, antenna, and wire harness). Installation kits can be purchased at your local dealership

Satellite radio-capable vehicles come with a 3-month trial period. After the 3-month trial period has ende

2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    It’s not built in, if that’s what you mean. In the sales brochure (PDF), on page 17, only the Limited model is listed as having “Entune Premium JBL Audio with Integrated Navigation and Entune App Suite,” which includes “SiriusXM Satellite Radio with 3-month All Access trial.”

3. Steph smith

Steph smith Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Wonder if its possible to add satellite radio somehow. I really prefer not to get the nav system but really want xm radio. Thanks

4. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I don’t think the situation has changed much since I discussed this in February 2017. The most cost-effective option is probably to have a car stereo shop install a third-party kit.