1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2023 Prius Prime - official prices paid thread

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by Marine Ray, Nov 27, 2022.

1. ccna101

ccna101 Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    LOL -

From the true PHEV perspective, IMO, you get much more bang for your buck, with smartphone integration, ... I can track down my kids' whereabouts, and that is nowhere we got -free- out of PP.

From the BEV perspective, the drive/feel is similar to my 15 Leaf, so we do not have an issue with range, or regen braking, ...

IMHO, from the BEV vs PHEV overall cost, on the long 10-15 years, I think I have better ROI on the BEV ... this is fully debatable depend on where you looks, live, of course ...

It is all about money, and unless TOY is tossed in some kind of incentives, or the Gen5/CamryH/PriusH improves its production lines, customers are leaving.

EV-

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    we just ordered a hycam, about 5k more than we paid in 2013, and have to wait a month or so for it.

ccna101 likes this.
  3. ccna101

ccna101 Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    So you get the hycam ? my (allocated) hycam come in during the time I was out in Waikiki, so that was gone, then I wait for another 3 months of last minutes in-n-out, but alas, no hycam !!!
    And, consider you r lucky ... I looked everywhere and even consider to fly in / picking one off WI area ...but no such luck !!! all ghost car !

Enjoy: I would do the exact same thing...it is a wonderful car and it will stay with you and your family !!!

bisco likes this.
  4. Sancho

Sancho New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Regarding the $6,500 rebate. California has a rebate program similar to the federal program, though the car does not have to be “made” in America. I was expecting a $1000 state rebate, but when my wife completed the paperwork it was a $6500 state rebate for our 2023 Prius Prime

tovli likes this.
  5. flim

flim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    The additional $5,500 rebate is based on household income level.

Sancho likes this.
  6. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    First proper batch of European Priuses (all PHEV) is on the way - there were some demonstrator cars delivered to dealers around the start of July, but what I think is the first shipment for customers left Nagoya a few days ago, and will be arriving around the end of September.

(I'm almost certain they're on the Michigan Highway, which you can track via various sites, such as this - I've had fun monitoring port traffic and comparing it to Toyota notifications! There's a small chance they're on the Sunrise Ace.)

I placed an order at the end of July, when I was estimated end of September for any middle-spec car (except blue), and December otherwise. It seems that first batch had all already been built, and were waiting at Nagoya for some time - possibly for the charging port fix?

I think that first batch on the way isn't all sold though - Toyota Finland's site has just started saying "available for fast delivery".

We paid the standard Finnish price of €46,600 for mid-spec + metallic paint. Rubber mats and boot liner thrown in, and we're getting €8,500 trade-in for our Gen 2.

In Europe there seem to be 3 specs in use under different names, though they differ a teeny bit, and not all countries get all of them. Most get the glass roof in the middle spec, but Finland doesn't. Still gets the solar roof in the top spec.

Preebee, Maxwell61 and reallyreal like this.
  7. Blizzard_Persona

Blizzard_Persona Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Hey Guys,

Long time no see! I knew I’d be back eventually. The beautiful Gen 5 redesign & lots more EV range was all it took, well plus @ MSRP locked me in.

Anywho, I put $1000 deposit on a loaded up subsonic red Prius prime XSE yesterday at MSRP & $599 Doc fee. No goofy dealer add ons or forced junk fees I’ve been promised. She should be hitting the port next week and then I’ve been told a couple weeks to get to the dealer, could be a little sooner but banking on mid September’ish.

My option list is: Digital key, 12.3” multimedia screen, fixed glass roof, door edge guards, body side mouldings, rear bumper applique, All weather floor liner package.

Yes, I am going to have to drive 4 to 5 hours out of state, but every dealer around me was marking them up and or had forced add ons or low balled me really bad on my trade.

I am very much looking forward to the new prime. I almost went with a Tesla model 3 but the EV only range on the prime is perfect for my daily commute and around town errands. Plus the prime gives me the ability to drive across the country on a whim if I want on HV. Score!

Preebee, GeoJ, HacksawMark and 4 others like this.
  8. ken2023

ken2023 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Prime XSE Premium, purchase price 41183 at MSRP. That included a couple of "port-installed" options: mud flaps, all weather flooring, door edge & sill protectors.

Preebee and bisco like this.
  9. priusmouse

priusmouse Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Looks like mine will have mud flaps, it is listed in the package section, tho mine is in build phase.

are the mudflaps easy to remove? Can you have it delivered without them if still in build phase?

10. daisy555

daisy555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes. They can be canceled at build stage as well as at port as far as I know. I think it depends on how cooperative your dealership is. I was also told the mud-flaps are fairly easy to remove.

I personally think the mud-flaps are a good idea. They are quite streamlined and hardly noticeable.

11. flim

flim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Here’s are some pics. It shows 2 screws to remove. I like them and you don’t really notice them due to their sizes! IMG_4918.jpeg IMG_4917.jpeg IMG_4916.jpeg IMG_4915.jpeg

12. Maxwell61

Maxwell61 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow, i've ordered end of june a Top trim w/ solar roof (yellow) and i've been told 180 days, jan 2024...

13. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, that'll be "available for fast delivery, as long as that trim+colour is already on the boat".

The PHEV production volume is so low, I'm wondering if they're only going to load them onto a boat every few months. I seem to recall an estimate of like 1000 per month global, so maybe only 400 a month for Europe, and they'll batch them up a bit. Won't make much of a dent in the 6000+-vehicle transport ships...

If you're being made to wait for top trim in Italy too, maybe the entire first European boatload is just mid-spec models.

Alessandro_Ibi likes this.
  14. Maxwell61

Maxwell61 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    @KMO from the french forum i can confirm some delivery btw 12 and 18 September.

And yes, i think the middle trim will be the most popular, the top is proportionally quite a bit more expensive in EU than the middle trim (except Italy for mysterious reasons).

Alessandro_Ibi likes this.
  15. Alessandro_Ibi

Alessandro_Ibi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----UK----
    @KMO Hello! Been in Finland - Helsinki two weeks ago for one week. Have a simple question: where do all the EV I have seen around (about 25% of actual new car sales, as I understand) charge the batteries? I have not seen a single charging station in the centre of the city?!
    Moreover, I have ordered a Prime (basic trim) in Italy beginning of May, at the dealer they told me it is now on the way to the Hub (maybe Livorno as port facilities), but I see it a long way to reach it from Singapore. The second vessel You have cited is actually reaching Fiji island, so I believe this will have a different final destination in the southern hemisphere. For Europe there isn't a tracking site as for the NA, as I understand.
    Regards
    Alessandro

16. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm not in Helsinki, so couldn't say about there. But there's quite a lot of supermarket and office charging where I am within the last few years. It may be 25% of new car sales (seems high to me), but that's still a very small percentage of cars. There's not massive car turnover here, I think. Although you do see a fair few Tesla Model 3s and Ys.

And, at least further north, also there's a lot of mains infrastructure in car parks for engine block heaters - you will see normal mains outlets with timers (or remote switching) in many residential and office car parks for that. And in many cases they're good enough to be used for 230V 8A PHEV charging - that's what we'll be doing, just bypassing the timer on the home outlet we already have.

Finnish and French Toyotas go to Zeebrugge; French ones are processed there, while Finnish ones get on a boat to Malmö in Sweden, and get processed there, before getting on another boat to Finland. It would make sense if Italian cars are processed at Livorno.

Boats on the way to Bristol and Zeebrugge now are the Guardian Leader (dep 29th July), Viking Bravery (2nd August), Georgia Highway (3rd August), Morning Caroline (10th August), Columbia Highway (12th August), then the Michigan Highway (19th August). The three "Highways" are going to Livorno. But I suspect there are no Priuses on any of those until the last one.

In UK and France and Finland I know you get limited tracking via the website or app, with 24-48 hour delays on status changes - do you not have this in Italy?

My 27th July order was stated to have left the factory as first notification on 28th July, showing it was already built, then got the transport notification on 21st August, meaning it's definitely the Michigan Highway, as there's no other boat that left Nagoya then heading to Europe.

Having around 4 weeks between factory and shipping at Nagoya is very unusual - they don't like to clog up the docks. It should normally have been loaded onto the Morning Caroline or Columbia Highway, or even earlier, which is what led me to believe they may have been delaying all the Priuses at Nagoya for charging port fixes.

From a French forum it seems some cars got onto boats 17th and 20th July, the more normal 5-6 days after production, and arrived in Zeebrugge 21st-25th August, but they're apparently being delayed for delivery to 18th September or later - I suspect to be fitted with charging ports that had to be delivered to Zeebrugge separately.

Maxwell61 likes this.
  17. Maxwell61

Maxwell61 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    @KMO also in Italy we have the MyToyota tracking.
    You've been lucky, it's clear you've got assigned an already built car!
    My end of june trim's variation (from base to Top trim) brought me a delay and the order is stuck at the elaboration phase!

18. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, that partly determined my choice - dealer had visibility of what was available for Finland on the September delivery, quoting December for anything else. It was something like 3-4 of each mid-spec colour apart from blue. So maybe a grand total of 20 cars? Could conceivably have gone for a top-spec one otherwise, although pricey.

Maxwell61 likes this.
  19. HacksawMark

HacksawMark Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
  20. priusmouse

priusmouse Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model: