1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

AC Fault Code 41

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Yota4Life, Apr 30, 2023.

1. Yota4Life

Yota4Life Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hi there fellow Prius owners!
    2004, 145k miles
    On my drive home last night my AC suddenly started blowing warm air. Had been ice cold moments before. Never had any AC problems. Switched between AC and bent and back to AC. No change in air temp. Looked up how to find AC fault codes. Came up with 21 and 41. I know 21 was because I was in the shade. 41 is related to air mix servo motor. Found one thread with that code, but OP never stated the fix. Any help is appreciated!

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    What the fix is might depend on whether the problem is in the servo motor itself or in the connections from it to the A/C amplifier. The code can't tell you all that, and it might not be the same for you as for someone else with the same code, so you just have to find out for yourself. If the problem is the servo actuator, you can replace it, or it may be fixed just by cleaning its position sensor. See this thread:

No, that wasn't a mouse in the heater | PriusChat

The thread was for Gen 1 and access to the servo is a little harder in Gen 2; be sure to read down in the thread for yitznewton's solution for that.

3. Yota4Life

Yota4Life Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Thanks for replying! Started the Prius to test drive to see if I could observe anybody other symptoms and the AC is now working as it should. I commute 40 minutes each way, so that should be a sufficient drive to see if it holds up or not. Code 41 still present. Not sure if that means anything currently or needs time to clear out?