1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ADAS windshield - fogged up camera new/old

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Bluelydia, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Bluelydia

Bluelydia Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi everyone,

I have a 2017 Prime Advanced and had an 8 inch crack on the passenger side and had it replaced yesterday. The shop I took it to asked me if the lane drifting sensor worked since the camera section was all fogged up. I told him I know it worked the other day but I didn't drift from a lane yesterday to know.
    When I got to work this morning, I noticed the new windshield also had the same problem of getting fogged up. I attached photos from this morning. I did use the defogger earlier in the morning since the replacement windshield doesn't clear up as quickly.

Has anyone noticed the camera section fogging up or will it affect it from doing it's job? I was going to drop it off at the dealership to recalibrate but wondering if I should hold off in case I have a defective windshield (unlikely since my original did the same thing?). I'm not sure if the rain this week in So Cal is entirely to blame.

Attached Files:

2. Bluelydia

Bluelydia Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    UPDATE: So after checking on my car a few hours later, the fogging up is gone and I took a closer look at the ADAS system. It appears that there is a vent on the passenger side and the moisture from inside the car was fogging up the windshield in that section. Even running the defroster probably wasn't getting to it fast even to avoid condensation.