1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Adding SiriusXM Satellite Radio to basic Entune

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by TheBrenda, Mar 4, 2020.

1. TheBrenda

TheBrenda New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Just purchased a 2019 Prius LE with the basic Entune Audio 6.1 touch. I want to install SiriusXm radio but do not want to replace the head unit. So far have found two options.

First option is to add the tuner from Infotainment. They said for it to work that the head unit needs to have "Your factory radio must have the white, brown, and grey connector ports as shown on the picture below.". They show a picture on the thread. I called and they said that it would work for my car, but the page continues to say "late model". Does anyone know if this Infotainment tuner would work with the head unit in my car?

infotainment website, toyota xm satellite radio kit (i am not allowed to have links in my first post)

Second option is the command touch.
    • Auxiliary: The SXVCT is fitted with a minijack audio output (3.5mm) to connect the unit directly to your in-dash head unit's auxiliary input (if applicable), using the supplied stereo minijack cable. When using the line output jack,
    • FM Direct: The included FM Direct Adaptor (FMDA25) plugs into the SXVCT's FM output (2.5mm) and directly in line with your vehicle's existing AM/FM antenna and your factory radio's antenna input (motorola). You will need to tune your radio to 88.1 FM. Some vehicles will require additional antenna adapters (sold separately).
    crutchfield website, SiriusXM Commander Touch

Third option ... ? Looking for ideas. it needs to look professional.

Also, do you think that i can use the existing fin? do you think that it will have an satellite antenna in it?

2. blane

blane Carmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    I used an Mpow CD-Slot mounted cell phone holder for years in my 2011 Prius. I transferred it to my 2019 Prius XLE and it works perfectly.

Mine is an older model, but it's similar to this one http://tinyurl.com/t9zpj6c

Since I have hardly ever played a CD in any of my cars, the CD slot is a great stable location for me. I use it to hold my phone while navigating, so the landscape mode is perfect and doesn't obstruct the instruments or radio display.

3. TheBrenda

TheBrenda New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    also found this thread and it has a good option. Vais GSR-TY51 sold through Crutchfield

Wait.... No Sirius Xm ??? | PriusChat