1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Air fill valves too short?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Zipy, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Zipy

Zipy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    OK, is it just my hose/chuck or are the fill valves too short? Filling the tires the other day I discovered that the air chuck will barely access the stem and if I force them I will eventually scar up the wheel covers. Anyone else encounter this problem? It would be a real PIA if I had to remove the wheel covers every time I want to add/adjust the air pressure.

2. born_again

born_again Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
  3. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
  4. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    +1 on the Alligator Double Seal Valve Cap (V2B). I bought a box of 50 cause ordering a set for my tires would cost a couple bucks each plus shipping. I figure I can give the extra valves to friends and family. Made in Germany. I do take them off and put the plastic covers on when the C2 goes in for servicing.

Edited to add: The first time I checked the tire pressure on my C2 - I dropped the plastic cap into the wheel cover. Had to pull off the cover to get the cap out. With the V2Bs - no problem.

YMMV

5. mahout

mahout Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Trot down to your local AutoZone, Advance Auto, or Oreillys and buy a set of extensions for the fill valves. Don't leave them installed just use one to make the air valves more accessible.