1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

APPS stopped and phone bluetooth too!!! same problem as this ..

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by sallynk, Apr 26, 2019.

1. sallynk

sallynk Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The Display Audio w Nav & Entune has worked fine for over 5 years. Yesterday when I pushed the "Apps" button, I just get an overlay that says "System Not Installed." The display works, radio is fine and so are all the "Car" info screens, but no apps. And when I went to make a call, it says I don't have any phones paired, even though I've used bluetooth phone hundreds of times. And I plugged my phone into the USB port to charge and hoping it might wake up the apps - no luck, and it didn't even charge the phone (so port is disabled?).

No one has done and work on the car and nothing was changed - first thing everyone asks.

I called the local dealer and (of course) they've never heard of the problem, and didn't have any openings until next week. I called Toyota USA tech service and they were going to suggest I reinstall Entune but said I can't if the USB port isn't working. I was going to try it anyway, but I could not find a download file online??? So they said take it to the dealer...

I found several other owners who've had the problem but few answers. One said they were told they needed a new "control box" at $1600.

Anyone here who can shed any light on this issue?

2. Hammond_Egger

Hammond_Egger Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I would try doing a complete reset first:
    ENTUNE RESET PROCEDURE or Recalibrate Nav (w/ Entune Function) Do at your own risk! | PriusChat

After that, I would take out the radio and check the interconnect cable (the one that splits and goes between the head unit and the extension box).

If this does not work, the extension box is most likely toast.
    You have a few options:

If you disconnect the interconnect cable as well as the bluetooth cable (look on bottom of radio, it is black and goes between the extension box and the head unit), as well as move over the USB cable from the extension box to the head unit, you should have a fully functional radio with Bluetooth (minus the apps and navigation).

If you want to replace the extension box, ebay has them for $100 and up.

If you have any other questions, hit me up as I will do the best I can to help!