1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Audio amplifier sound comes and goes / inconsistent (2013 Gen 3)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ttzprius, Sep 18, 2021.

1. ttzprius

ttzprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Similar to others here, I have a 2013 Gen 3 in which the amplifier under the passenger seat inconsistent stops working / cuts out.

Most of the time I can get it working again by unplugging and replugging its power connector, but sometimes this doesn't work. (Note: when I do this, I can hear the speakers gently "pop", so power is definitely being fed from the amp to the speakers.)

So I presume there is a wiring, circuit, or heat issue somewhere, either in the amp or the speakers.

Does anyone have any tips on how to diagnose the problem? Other than getting a used amp here or on eBay...

Thanks!

2. ttzprius

ttzprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Same problem as this post (2015 Prius 4 No Audio Output | PriusChat)
    • No sound
    • Pressing the volume controls on the steering wheel or twisting the knob no longer displays anything on the head unit (HU)
    • Neither the voice activation button nor the head unit buttons create a beeping noise
    • B15D3 and B15C3 errors
    • When I DO get the amp working (by unplugging and replugging it), it will often cut out if the volume is too high

3. ttzprius

ttzprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    For others, here are some links regarding the B15C3 and B15D3 errors:
    • I can't post links yet, but do a Google search for "toyota B15D3" and pick the tovenza links