1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Automatic door locking?

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by MikeDee, Jan 11, 2017.

1. MikeDee

MikeDee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Is the Prime supposed to automatically lock when you exit the car and close the doors? It's doing that in my garage, but not all the time. Another gremlin?

2. Db17

Db17 Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I don't think so. Mine doesn't. You either have to touch the little ridges on the door handle when exiting or push the button on the Key fob.

3. MikeDee

MikeDee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Found this in the manual: Security featureIf a door is not opened within approximately 60 seconds after the vehicle isunlocked, the security feature automatically locks the vehicle again.

4. kevin54

kevin54 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    That's for unlocking a door and failing to open it within 60 seconds. The door will then lock again.

Not sure why your door is automatically locking WITHOUT you touching the ridges of the door handle or activating the fob. Are you rubbing your hand along the door handle as you leave the car?

5. MikeDee

MikeDee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I may have inadvertently pushed the key fob lock button while it was in my pocket. Don't know for sure but I suspect that. The fob should be better designed so that the keys aren't so easy to be pressed inadvertently.

6. Lee Jay

Lee Jay Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I have had the same problem with my 04 since I got it. I'm always locking the doors and setting off the panic alarm just shifting in my chair.

7. Hamptgx

Hamptgx Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Mine also locks automatically if i unlock car with key fob after 60 seconds if door not opened. Any body know how to turn that off.