1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Basic scan tool for abs functions

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Matt98svt, Nov 17, 2022.

1. Matt98svt

Matt98svt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    I am looking at replacing the brake booster on my 2013 V with 180k. I realize there was a extended warranty on this part but I’m past the 150k limit and the dealer wants an insane amount so going to replace it myself with a low mileage used unit. Replacing the part doesn’t look too bad it’s just having a scan tool capable of being able to work with the cars abs system. I realize there is techstream you can run on a older laptop but I have been told it is hit or miss depending on who you get it from and not the most intuitive software. Can someone recommend a scan tool that can bleed the system, do the linear valve offset, etc that’s reasonably priced? Thanks

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    This thread is in the Gen 2 forum, because those are the cars mr_guy_mann has been testing with, but the products that perform well there, and have the capabilities you want, are probably good candidates to think about for a Gen 3.

Gen2 OBD2 app review | PriusChat

3. Matt98svt

Matt98svt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    Thank you very much chapman, looks like one of these tools is exactly what i need