1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Behind wheel compartment is loose

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by mory3kale, Nov 29, 2020.

1. mory3kale

mory3kale Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Hi everyone,
    Just noticed that my 2020 Prime LE has a loose compartment which is behind steering wheel. I don't know the technical name of it but it is located behind steering wheel,where the wiper and signal connected. Car is still under warranty and i showed it to the dealer and was told that it is normal in prius as it is only supported by two screws. Just wondering is it true?
    Anyone had this issue before?
    Regarding of being loose, i mean it is moveing right and left few millimeter but when you release steering wheel lock to adjust it this movement is more noticeable.
    Thanks,

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think by "compartment" you mean steering column covers. It consists of upper and lower covers (#8 in the diagram). I just checked my 2020 PP LE, the same model as yours, but did not feel noticeable "looseness" on the upper cover. When the steering wheel position is unlocked with the lever under the column, the lower cover does seem to move slightly to right and left. You are saying a few millimeters left to right, that is such a small movement, I think mine does that on the lower cover, but I don't think that's anything to worry about.

STEERING COLUMN. STEERING WHEEL.

upload_2020-11-30_9-12-23.png

3. mory3kale

mory3kale Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Thanks for your comment. Yes you are right. Basically it is the cover that moving right and left. I thought that it should be solid. Anyway, i will ask the dealer next time to show me this NORMAL movement on other primes.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

Salamander_King likes this.