1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Best cell phone holder

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Jasmine James, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    OP owns a Tesla and asked, that’s enough of a sample size :cool:

2. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

3. Christopher Huggins

Christopher Huggins Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

4. Ezzy77

Ezzy77 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Something I can totally recommend that kills tons of birds with one stone is a ring that attaches to the back of your phone like a pop socket. It's a kick stand, you can plug your finger in it and it also has a tiny attachment to the car that's super simple to use.

I'm testing a magnetic mount atm and just having a hard time letting the old one go :D

It's called Spigen Style Ring
    spigen_stylering_mount_sub_left.jpg

One that I was thinking about testing was this "alligator" clip type:
    s-l500.jpg

One that might work well in a Prius if you don't use CD's a lot is this one I tested a few years back that attaches to CD slot. On my Mini it was a bit too low down to use for navigation, as I always use Waze when I drive:
    s-l1600.jpg

5. tweedle99

tweedle99 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I saw this on another thread and been great for almost 4 yrs now. I dont like to mount things on my windshield so I mounted to the right of gear shift.

6. Rider147

Rider147 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    depending if you have or if you use your cd drive I use the MPow car phone holder. [​IMG]

7. LongStrider

LongStrider Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I use a ProClip mount. I think it’s the sturdiest mount out there. A little pricey,but worth it.

Xterra72 likes this.
  8. polaris

polaris New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've tried two different mounts so far and have been unhappy with both. One was the Steelie mentioned in this thread. It adhered very well to my dash, but I had an issue with the way the curved surface would make my phone tilt down due to it's weight.

More recently I tried the Scocshe Magic Mount. I think I would love it if the damn adhesive worked. I put it on the darker grey part of my dash. It has a wavy texture to it, but I didn't think that would be much of an issue. I was wrong. Even after letting it "set" for 24 hours the damn thing popped off my dash the moment I tried to attach my phone to it. I touched the adhesive bit after it fell and it was barely tacky.

I would try again (maybe clean my dash better and let it set for longer), but the company doesn't sell adhesive replacements. So I wasted $25 on some plastic and magnets I will be throwing out. At least the Steelie sells replacement adhesive!

So I'm back to square one. I don't want the CD or vent clip mounts because I don't want my phone to overheat due to the proximity to the vents. And I like my phone to be near where my eyes could go without looking too far from the road (safety first) so the shift and cupholder mounts are out of the question. I prefer the magnetic mounts as my phone in it's Otterbox case is too stupidly big for a lot of the clamp-like holders.

9. mengoni

mengoni Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    O2 smartphone vent mount

10. gertsprius

gertsprius Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I use the Square Jellyfish vent mount, people have expressed worry about the air hitting your phone. I simply close the vent that I put it on, there are plenty of other vents to use. I found it on Amazon for around 16$.

It is the most sturdy mount that I have ever used, I take long road trips a lot and I use this all the time, it grips my phone without any movement.

Hope this helps!

Yazoo likes this.
  11. NewHybridOwner

NewHybridOwner Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    What is the part that is attached to the dash, and how is it attached, and how do you propose to remove it when the time comes? The Prius we bought used has some poorly repaired damage on the dash where it looks as though someone tried to remove the 3M Velcro-like fasteners that come with iPass and EzPass toll-payment devices and took some of the vinyl with them.

12. Sarp1028

Sarp1028 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The first difficulty is finding one that doesnt shift, fall, or become loose (and reliably/conveniently holds and releases the phone.

The second difficulty is finding a place that will hold your phone so you can use it without obstructing any instrument panels or inhibit use of the vehicle.

my favorite thus far?

[​IMG]

13. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Here you go - this one is far better than the others I recommended up-thread ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :rolleyes:

14. Dan nathan

Dan nathan New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three

15. NewHybridOwner

NewHybridOwner Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    That wouldn't suit me: it would block the camera and prevent me using the dash-cam feature in my navigation app.