1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Best Way to Display Speed Limit

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by psoque, Sep 3, 2017.

1. psoque

psoque Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Hi. I just got my Prius Prime Advanced. I am reading through the manual and saw that the "US version" of the car has speed limit display. I was able to "turn it on with alerts" using the menu, but only was I can see it is sort of tiny, when I choose navigation as the secondary main screen (instead of showing the whole engine/battery diagram/animation). Is there a better way to display speed limit more prominently and constantly? Thanks.

2. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I can't answer your direct question, but I would caution relying on that speed limit number absolutely. It's only as good as the map database and the real limits may have changed since the map data was compiled.

3. priuscatprimeguy

priuscatprimeguy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    What I often find is the speed limit displayed says 25 MPH when in fact the actual speed limit is 30, 35, 40 or 45 MPH. Could the GPS in the car be reading the side street I pass perpendicularly?:confused:

Mark57 likes this.
  4. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    It might be dyslexic. I like my Garmin because it alerts me to any school zone within 1/2 mile. I think most only consider the speed limits as suggestions anyway.;)

5. ems2158

ems2158 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    On the Advanced, it can show the speed limit on the heads-up display. It is more useful on the heads-up display than on the main screen.

BTW. It doesn't show the speed constantly. It cycles on for a few seconds when you enter a new speed limit area.

Mark57 likes this.
  6. wb9tyj

wb9tyj 2017 Prius Prime Advanced

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    The speed limit display works the best in the HUD...However, i've noticed that sometimes the speed limit displayed is not correct...With municipalities/states changing speed limits all the time...the GPS can't keep up.. I know garmins have to be updated with the information...and even then garmin misses it...The municipalities have a reporting system...which most of them dont follow...hence, the GPSs are incorrect...