1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bicycle Rack Recommendation for Prius 2010

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by NathaliePr2010, Feb 13, 2015.

1. NathaliePr2010

NathaliePr2010 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hi all,
    I am new to this forum and I apologize in advance if I’m not doing this the correct way.

This is the link to a post similar (pretty much identical) to what I am asking and I’ve read through most of it:
    http://priuschat.com/threads/bicycle-rack-solution-2010-prius.68728/page-3#axzz3RfRhNt3s

I am contemplating buying a bike rack with a hitch. I saw some great recommendations in the earlier posts, but now being 2015, I was wondering if anyone would make new recommendations. Obviously, I would like the ability to open the hatch door while the 2 bikes are on. Any new recommendations?
    Thanks all for your time.
    Nat :)

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  3. NathaliePr2010

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hi xliderider,
    Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate it. Amazing what people are doing to their poor little Prius! ;-) I've opted for the Curt trailer hitch (seems everyone likes it and no one has complained about it) and just bought it. Now I'm still debating about the actual rack. I don't need it to carry 4 bikes (not recommended) but only 2 (and again, I want to be able to open the hatch when the bikes are on). More shopping and more analysis to do. Thanks again! :)

4. NathaliePr2010

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Alright all,
    I've narrowed it down to 2 models. Do you have any pros and cons regarding ease of install, ground clearance, best option for the Prius 2010? The two models are Thule T2 2-Bike Rack - Platform Style - Tilting and the Kuat Sherpa - Aluminum Platform-Style 2 Bike Carrier. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Nat :)