1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can the TIS be accessed on MacOS?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Technical Discussion' started by RRxing, Sep 12, 2020.

1. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    ...and are the downloads compatible? I downloaded the *.mht files when I had my Gen III, so I'm wondering if the current files are in PDF format. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-09-12 at 1.21.14 PM.png

2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Toyota TIS (techinfo.toyota.com) works with Safari on macOS, including its built-in PDF and SVG viewers. Flash is used only for some older multimedia training courses, which aren’t relevant to Prius Prime cars. I don’t remember anything that requires the Java plug-in.

The Repair Manual, Collision Repair Manual, and New Car Features books for current models are presented in HTML format, with PNG and SVG illustrations. With thousands of topics, each on its own page, they aren’t organized for convenient downloading. The Electrical Wiring Diagram uses an interactive viewer, but I posted some tips on saving its printable PDF files for later reference.

The service bulletins, tech tips, service campaign publications, and training course books are also offered as PDF documents. To save these, move the pointer to the bottom center of the browser window to show the controls, and then click the Save to my Mac button, as in this example (from toyota.jp/news/stayhome, if anyone you know needs a coloring book):

SafariPDFDownloadButton.png

I’ve never seen an MHTML (.mht) file come from Toyota’s servers. Internet Explorer creates files in this format when you save a complete web page with its images, stylesheets, and so on; the Safari equivalent is a .webarchive file.

RRxing and alanclarkeau like this.
  3. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    This. I first arranged the file structure on my computer to match the structure on Techinfo when I downloaded the Gen III New Car Features and Repair Manual. Downloaded the files one at a time over the 2 day access. Time-consuming, but for the $15-20 it cost it was worth it.

Thanks for the reply. I'll set aside a weekend to tackle this again for my Gen IV.