1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CANADIAN 2016 Prius Pricing and Info thread

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by zor, Jan 29, 2016.

1. zor

zor Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi Everyone, i have created this thread for the Canadian Market, it would be good to compare deals gotten at the dealership, price, packages, add ons etc....

2. priusfan500

priusfan500 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    A friend visited a local dealer the other day and was shown spec sheets for the 2016 Prius (Canada). Information he obtained was that there are only 3 models ( Base, Technology, and Touring)..sorry folks, no Eco. All specs seemed to show only Ni-MH batteries (no Li-on). Six exterior colours (red, black, grey, silver, blue, pearl white). Interior colour is black across the board, except a beige option on the Tech model (no grey interiors). He was unable to obtain any pricing. Interestingly I have come across a dealer in Quebec who has a build and price option available on their website. It seems to confirm all the information my friend obtained but also includes pricing. Not sure how accurate all this is, but here is what they are posting for prices which includes $1760 destination. I'll also post a link to their website.

Screen Shot 2016-02-02 at 4.14.29 PM.png
    https://www.derytoyota.com/new/2016-Toyota-Prius.html

zor and Mendel Leisk like this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    are they not shipping to canada yet?

zor likes this.
  4. zor

zor Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thank you so much for the info priusfan500 :)

I just recently came across information that a steel company in Japan has had an explosion which will halt Prius production for a week or so, im not sure if this production time frame is during/post or prior to the units being produced for the Canadian market.

The sales person im in contact with also told me this information you have shared, and said he cannot send it to me by email but if i want to come to the dealership i may take a look at it, although he does no have prices to share. It might be on the discretion of the dealership weather they want to share that info or not.

Thank You

Pricing and packages finally available on Toyota.ca 2016 Prius Overview - Toyota Canada

I went to a dealer and put a deposit down on a Standard upgrade package.
    I did a trade in so i got a tax saving, pretty much paid the listed price online, no discounts other then an oil change, they are holding the cars at the port before they release them to the dealers... not sure when that will be.

I wonder why they are not selling the Li-ion batteries here in Canada, but funny enough it doesnt even state it on the Canadian site as to which battery will be in the car, its all secret hush hush its quite unsettling.

The way i was able to tell is by comparing the MPGs for the ni-mh battery and Li-ion battery from the American web site, its frustrating...
    The worst would be if they have these packages available to us now and then all of a sudden switch it up on us in a year and now just short of less then a year we got screwed...if the Li-ion is actually better.

Also almost all of them come with a spare tire, except one package, the packages are so different compared to the ones in the states.

bisco likes this.
  5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    the li-on is lighter and more compact. it has other advantages and disadvantages. i doubt it will affect your mpg's. look at it this way, you're getting a time proven battery that should serve you well, and your car will start under 30c.:p

zor likes this.
  6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    TCI Media Release - Canadian Pricing | PriusChat

Note that only Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal metropolitan areas get Touring and Technology packages.

Good choice on the Upgrade package. It's a no-brainer at $500 in my opinion. It adds heated seats (a nice feature in Canada, even on the milder west coast) and TSS-P.

zor likes this.
  7. zor

zor Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    interesting.....so only the Li-ion one wont start under -30c ?

8. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    right, the nigh is the same as always. does it say won't start, or may not? i know john1701 hasn't had any problems in frostbite falls, minnersoter.

zor likes this.
  9. zor

zor Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Went to the dealer today and saw the show room display model....

It was the Technology package and the cargo floor and back seats are completely flush for using as a camper/sleeper :) Trying to upload a picture but its not working .....

Flat Cargo Floor with back seats folded down, for camping :)

Attached Files:

10. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Looks like the same vehicle ;). Prius Technology.

First shipment arrives March 1.

zor likes this.
  11. zor

zor Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Which part of Canada?
    and ive been trying to get in touch with the dealers to give me a more accurate date and i even called Toyota Canada, its right around the same time i have some vacation time so im trying to plan ahead....could not get a date they said last week of February or early march...

12. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    West coast.

13. AshleyTPriusv

AshleyTPriusv Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi everyone,

I was looking into getting a used Prius v a while back but my credit fail through so I wasn't able to get it... That was the best thing that ever happened to me because I'm in love with the 2016 Prius!!

I'm looking at getting the 2016 Prius standard with the upgraded package in silver or white (still not decided on the color). I went to my Toyota dealership and they said they might be able to get me a few hundred dollars off the MRSP price. Then I said say $500 and the sales person said that i probably wouldn't get that much off of the car since it is brand new.

I'm hoping someone here can help me figure out what is a good price to pay for this car that is MRSP $26,585.00

14. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Considering it was just released yesterday (my dealer just received one this morning), I'd say $500 off seems reasonable. You could always wait 6 months . Toyota Canada typcally has two Red Tag Sales (one in the spring, one in the fall. Spring might be a bit early for the Prius to be on sale).

15. AshleyTPriusv

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for your input. I'm hoping to purchase before the taxes go up in July here in new Brunswick. I'll definitely look out for the red tag deal in the spring (crossing my fingers they will have some type of deal on them even if it's just interest rates)

Tideland Prius and bisco like this.
  16. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Also keep in mind there was an explosion at the supplier's steel plant back in January so they *may* be running a bit behind schedule. I have no idea how it will affect Canadian shipment but just something to keep in mind as an external factor.

17. AshleyTPriusv

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh jeez!!! Maybe that's why they said they will have mode demand then cars.

18. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Possibly. The cars are trickling in now. There's two at one of the Winnipeg dealers (forgot the name).