1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Carista OBD-II application rocks (now Updated 4/30/2015 !)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Technigogo, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Markee

Markee Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I was following the instructions on this below thread messing with some custom pids and i managed to turn the reverse beep to just 1 beep but the seat-belt is giving me some problem I shut the beeping down but I can't seem to stop the seatbelt light from blinking ?

GenIII Prius Custom PIDs for Torque app | Page 16 | PriusChat

2. StarCaller

StarCaller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    yep, same thing here; it's quiet but it keeps blinking.
    I never even read nething about getting rid of this, so I really doubt it if it's possible at all to stop the blinking /

BION
    StarCaller

3. Markee

Markee Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Really i thought i did something wrong hope someone has a fix for that man blinking sucks

4. milkman44

milkman44 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Duct tape

5. Markee

Markee Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four

What do you mean Duct Tape in the seat belt slot ?

6. milkman44

milkman44 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If you put the duct tape over the light, you won't see the blinking.:)

7. Todor

Todor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, that is technically possible. We're planning on adding some TPMS-related features, stay tuned for the next big update (read: a couple months from now).

8. StarCaller

StarCaller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    now THAT sounds good to me!

BION
    StarCaller

9. Todor

Todor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, you can use Torque with "custom PIDs" or even just a straight ELM327 console to turn off beeps but keep in mind that every time you use a "PID" that writes a new setting value, you're effectively changing multiple values without knowing it. Because each setting is affected by is just 1 bit (or sometimes 2 or more bits), but the values that you write are one or more BYTES, where each byte contains 8 bits. So, for the rest of the bits you are just inadvertently overriding whatever values your car has right now without knowing it. So you may turn on or off some other setting unexpectedly.

How about this: right now, Carista 2.1 is in a beta-testing stage. I'm inviting everyone from this forum to try it for free during this stage. You will get a fully-functional 14-day trial. Just email or message me your Google account with which you're logged into your Android device and I'll enable "test purchases" for you. The "purchase" (which is not a real purchase) will automatically be cancelled by Google in 14 days and you will not be charged. It's NOT one of those subscriptions where I'm hoping you'll forget to cancel and get charged; it'll just automatically be cancelled. See Beta-Testing | Carista OBD2 - Vehicle Diagnostics and Customization

So, basically, you can use it to change whatever settings you want for free and then never use it again, and never have to pay. Or if you like it, you can explicitly decide to buy it with real money after the test period.

10. Markee

Markee Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Todor

Does your program Carista work in a different safer way when it comes to affecting the bits and changing multiple values without knowing it ?

Also can Carista turn off the annoying blinking seatbelt light ?

11. Todor

Todor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, Carista computes the new value to be written dynamically by changing just the 1 bit that needs to be changed (based on the value that it reads from your specific vehicle). So yes, it's safe and doesn't inadvertently change other setting values.

No, it cannot turn off the seat belt light (or the chime, for that matter, because we're still trying to figure out if that's legal; but there's a good chance that the next version will be able to turn off the chime). I recommend that you guys wear your seat belts at all times, they've been proven to help a lot in cases of accident. The chime can be annoying if you have a habit of starting the engine first, then putting on your seat belt later. But the blinking light shouldn't be that big a deal, as long as you do put your seat belt on at some point. But if you REALLY are annoyed by it, I'm sure you can take out the bulb somehow... (again, not recommended).

12. Todor

Todor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    Guys, just a general note: when using any OBD tool (including Carista or Techstream), turn off your ScanGauge or whatever other real-time tools you may be using. The diagnostic protocol is intended to be used with just 1 "test tool" connected at a time. If an ECU is responding to 2 tools at the same time, this confuses both of them (and may even confuse the ECU itself).

13. Virto

Virto Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My BT adapter is in the mail. Looks like I'll be downloading soon. Looking forward to checking it out.

14. StarCaller

StarCaller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I was hoping to get the tire pressure display with this update..../
    well, maybe next time/ ;)

15. Todor

Todor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    Sounds good, let me know how it works out.

Sorry, not in this update. Probably in the next major release.

16. Virto

Virto Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Worked like a charm. You made 10 bucks, and I don't have to listen to the car beep every time I back down the driveway. Thanks.

17. alanderego

alanderego Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    @Todor How is the iPhone app of Carista going?
    I signed up for the updates, but I have got no updates.

Thanks,
    Alan

18. Todor

Todor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    Awesome :)

That's because there are no updates yet :( But we're going to start working on it within 2 weeks, after version 2.1 for Android is released.

19. Virto

Virto Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Looks like I might have been charged twice...I'll see if one falls off in the next couple of days and shoot you a message if it doesn't...

20. alanderego

alanderego Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    That's because there are no updates yet :( But we're going to start working on it within 2 weeks, after version 2.1 for Android is released.[/QUOTE]

I am looking forward to it.

Thanks,
    Alan