1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Caution when getting fuel

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by tedjohnson, Nov 15, 2020.

1. tedjohnson

tedjohnson Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    If the fueling nozzle has a wide rubber sealing ring, it can hit the switch that tells the car the fuel door is closed. That will shut the lower inside door in the tank and if you try to refuel it will not accept the gasoline which will spill back on you. There is a Toyota plastic piece that can prevent this from happening, by not letting the file door switch not get pressed by the filling nozzle sealing ring. I dont know the part number but have seen it.

FuelMiser likes this.
  2. FuelMiser

FuelMiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Yes, just happened to us. If it does, just go into the car and push the fuel button to re-open the fuel filler valve.

3. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, that problem has been pointed out in several earlier threads for 2017 PP and Gen4. Yes, Toyota addressed the problem in subsequent model years of PP and installed the "guard". I don't know the parts number, but not sure if it can be retrofit onto the 2017 PP models.

The photo is my old (2017 PP) and new (2020 PP). Toyota started the guard in the 2018 model IIRC.

Screenshot 2020-11-15 at 9.19.14 AM.png Screenshot 2020-11-15 at 9.17.59 AM.png

FuelMiser likes this.