1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CEL after Sparkplugs & Intake Clean

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by myselfnjit, Aug 4, 2022.

1. myselfnjit

myselfnjit Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi all!
    Today I changed the spark plugs (@ 180k) and cleaned the intake. Didn't plan enough time to do the EGR and Cooler so that will have to be another day. Anyhow, when done I turned the car on and immediately got a CEL. I cleared it with Dr Prius and went for a drive. The light did not come back but whenever I read codes with Dr Prius, I get the same ones(P0102, P0113, P0123, P2135). Whenever I clear them and check again, they come right back. Car drives fine. My question is ... are they showing in DR Prius because I have not yet driven far enough to clear the READY mode and I should just drive and give it time? Or should I be tearing my work back apart right away?

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Did you plug in the MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor:

upload_2022-8-6_6-49-48.png

And dead-centre in this pic:

66A43B9D-9EFE-44FD-B095-92E103F3FEFB.jpeg

3. myselfnjit

myselfnjit Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks for the responses! Well, it seems as though (maybe) for the first time in my life waiting was the answer! I put a course of longer drives on the car and the codes cleared! I'm guessing it was just some funkiness on the first start up and then they remain in the system, even after the CEL has been cleared by means of Dr Prius, until a certain number of miles has been driven and the computer deems that there is in fact no problem. Fingers crossed!

Mendel Leisk and bisco like this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base