1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Center Console Disassembly

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by High Mileage, Jan 31, 2021.

1. High Mileage

High Mileage Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Its a quiet Sunday morning on my way to work at 4:30am. Traffic is usually lighter except for all the gamblers heading back home after a long Saturday night and the deer out for their morning stroll in the middle of the road. A heavy application of the most excellent Prius brakes to miss the doe that decided to enter the roadway at the last minute, and the cup of breakfast in the center console launches forward and empties all over the wireless charging pad and all other forms of electronics in that area. So the Sunday lunch hour is spent removing and cleaning my console area.

I searched the web and found a document for installing the black applique for those who want to change from the bone white to the gloss black. The instructions for removing the lower console showed the location of the clips and proper removal of the upper console trim piece just above the 12v power and USB socket. Attached are a few pictures. Thankfully Toyota does a nice job of protecting most of the electronics from liquid intrusion bound to happen at some point in the life of your Prius.

The most difficult part was removal of the small console trim piece by the USB and 12v socket. The two outer clips are very tight and finding the right place to apply pressure to release the middle catch without breaking anything took the longest. Hopefully the pictures give someone a hint as to where all the clips are for their future project.

IMG_8260.JPG IMG_8261.JPG IMG_8263.JPG IMG_8264.JPG

Attached Files:

jerrymildred and Raytheeagle like this.
  2. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I had the center console removed from the 2020 PP LE to wrap it. It did not have Qi charger, so the front tray was one-piece plastic. One thing I had a problem with was removing the 12v power and USB sockets. I was able to remove everything else including the bottom part of the cup holder and switches for the heated seats, but the 12v power and USB sockets would not come off. This made the wrapping around the sockets very difficult.

upload_2021-2-2_9-20-35.png

#2 Salamander_King, Feb 2, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    High Mileage likes this.