1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Center console fabric came loose, Glue?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Tim Wang, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Tim Wang

Tim Wang Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The fabric on the center console of my 2007 prius have came loose in several places, including the front end (where it meet the latch) and the passenger side.
    This weekend I took the center console out and removed the top lid cover and find out the fabric is glued to the side of the lid. In my case, the glue is all dried up and is flaking off. the piece of fabric pulls off with little resistance.
    Now my questions are:
    - Since the whole piece is off, I am thinking off hand washing it, but is it safe do to that?
    - Don't know what kind d glue Toyota used but what should I use to hold the fabric back together?

2. ProphetsOfDoom

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    imo replace it with leather and use 3M 90 glue. (y)

Tim Wang likes this.
  3. SteveLee

SteveLee Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I don't think I would place the same material back in service. I think I would look around for another material option, maybe leather or vinyl, maybe another cloth material that is more substantial and provides a color contrast. Maybe working toward matching arm rst covers and door arm rest covers. It is small enough to take it to a professional for their suggestion. Or here is another option 04 09 Toyota Prius Center Console Cover | eBay

4. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    very easy to reglue oe cloth, probably easy to replace w/ garment leather. upholstery leather is a bit thicker and might be more difficult to work with.
    superglue works, so does 3m.

Daves09prius likes this.
  5. davekro

davekro Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The spray 3M glue works well. it comes in different strengths.

This thread I found in my search may be of help.
    Another center console recover | PriusChat