1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Changing door unlocking

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by IABoy987, Aug 8, 2022.

1. IABoy987

IABoy987 Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I want to change modes so all doors unlock when handle is pulled, not just driver door.
    I am confused by the unlocking paragraph on page 271 I am assuming they are referring to your key fob here.
    1) Turn power switch off
    2) When indicator on key surface is turned off push and hold unlock, AC or speaker for 5 seconds while pushing lock button on key. (am I now pressing all three keys at once?)

So far all I have been able to do is set off car alarm. What am I not understanding here?

2. nicoj36

nicoj36 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Get Dr Prius or Carista

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Yeah here's that excerpt:

upload_2022-8-8_8-48-39.png

I did this on our 3rd gen, but about 12 years ago, lol, and I don't want to mess it up. Maybe the car needs to be "On", Toyota-speak for "two pushes of start button without foot on brake"? Can't remember.

Optiker likes this.
  4. Optiker

Optiker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Premium
    Thanks for posting that! It is a change I have been wanting to make. I was able to do it starting with the car off and the doors locked.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  5. IABoy987

IABoy987 Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I finally got it after realizing I had to hold the buttons on for at least 5 seconds. I just pushed them then released, not keeping them on for 5 seconds. Made a margin note to this effect. Now all the doors pop open when door handle pulled.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  6. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    So press lock and unlock simultaneously, for about 5 seconds, will do it? Car can be completely off when you do this?

7. Optiker

Optiker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Premium
    Yes, the car can be completely off. Press and hold the lock button. While pressing the lock button, press the unlock button and hold them both down together for 5 seconds. The car will chirp a confirmation when the change happens.

Mendel Leisk likes this.