1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Check Hybrid System+Check Engine+Oil Pressure Low+Traction Control Light= ?

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Cody Robinett, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Cody Robinett

Cody Robinett New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    One
    So when I started my car thia morning the dash lit up. I am seeing Check hybrid system on the center with the yellow triangle on the dash lights, traction control is staying on, and the low oil pressure light as well. All came on at once, just had the battery replaced through Green Bean Battery company. Anyone have any ideas? I was thinking a fuse, but the different systems affected seem to not line up with that. IDK! Thats why I am here.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    a lot of guessing involved, best to have the trouble codes read. very likely related to green bean work

3. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I would start with greenbeanbattery. Their strategy of reusing old modules by replacing weak ones makes for a lower cost option versus new, but is known to fail quickly. Call them and use their warranty service.

If you have to diy, you need a code reader that can read hybrid codes. You can also try to clear codes by temporarily disconnecting the 12v battery. While you are at it check the 12v voltage or use the head unit if it comes up. Best thing is to call your battery supplier.

Prius v Display Audio Service Menu w Battery Check | PriusChat

jerrymildred likes this.
  4. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I agree with @bisco and @rjparker. But I think the first order of business is to look at the dipstick.

Mendel Leisk likes this.