1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Considering Different Sound/Navi/Antennae

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by almhath, Jul 9, 2014.

1. almhath

almhath Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello. I've been considering upgrading to some better sound/navi system, and I've been reading posts trying to put some pieces together before I do. I want to know as much as I can before I do, so I can make the best decision possible per price.

I have the 2013 Prius III with the sunroof / solar panel up top.

One thing I've not been able to locate is the GPS antenna. I'm guessing the long, thin antenna on the center back is for AM/FM reception? But where is the GPS antenna?

Thank you

2. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
  3. almhath

almhath Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    HI. I looked at the PDF I found through there, but it's for a 2009, and mine is a 2013. I wonder if there's a difference?

The photo-based pdf there seems to suggest the GPS antenna is located above the electronics, under the top layer of the dash, just to the right side of center.

But, it's a 2009. Anyone know if that's the same location as in the 2013?

Thank you.

4. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The Gen III began as model year 2009 in some countries. Look at the illustrations. They're clearly showing the Gen III flying bridge center console, which includes your 2013.