1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cost of pushing the pedal down

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Henrik Helmers, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Henrik Helmers

Henrik Helmers Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius PHV
    Model:
    N/A
    My time does have some value, but so does my satisfaction of getting maximum output :p. I would be very interested in numbers, i.e. what is the difference between say 10%, 50% and 100% on the HSI bar?

For some reason my km/kWh meter is useless, even at 10% HSI bar it is at clamped at max, and so I don't find it a useful tool for adjusting technique. I believe this is an issue with the European model. Or possibly it is a useful tool and I'm just too hard on the pedal. I do have a big foot. :barefoot:

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Finally, an application for that emoticon. (y)

3. farmecologist

farmecologist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    II
    I'm also worried about the traffic on the 'northern route' due to the I70 closure. In theory they are trying to route large trucks up to I80..but we'll see what happens.

On the way back we will take the 'southern route' through Gunnison CO, down to great sand dunes NP, and over to Pueblo, CO. I have driven the 'southern route' 4 or 5 times now and kind of like it. Ironically, on our road trip last year we discovered (too late) that I70 was closed due to wildfires and traffic was being routed from I70 down to our route! On that trip we were driving to Colorado Springs so we had to go up Monarch Pass. It was a white knuckle drive with all the rerouted traffic, large semis, and impatient people! o_O

jerrymildred likes this.
  4. E-GINO

E-GINO Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Get a good OBD BLuetooth device (such as the OBDLink LX) an Android smartphone (plenty of cheap options out there) the free Hybrid Assistant app and -last but not least - a good smartphone holder. Then you will have available all the information you need for a conscious EV drive.

5. JoeBlack

JoeBlack Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius PHV
    Model:
    N/A
    My 2 year experience with Corolla hybrid taught me that best fuel economy for hills and driving from lights is exactly in the line between eco and power - accelerate fast-ish and then try to coast as much as possible.
    I hope it's similar for driving in pure EV mode.
    Sometimes I manage to get around 3,5l/100 on longer trips (longer means 50+km in my case)..