1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dealership software update for 2018 Prime Advanced borked head unit

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by jdb2, Dec 23, 2018.

1. jdb2

jdb2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I have a loved one who purchased a new 2018 Prius Prime Advanced this year. A few days ago, said person took the car to the dealership as there was a recall on the car's firmware as all the sensors would go nuts in a car wash with the car in neutral. A few months ago, the same dealership had also said that there'd be a software / firmware update for the head unit.

When the car was taken to the dealership, the technician didn't even know that the dealership sold Prius Prime Advanced cars. After the supposed "update", it was noticed by aforementioned loved one that many things on the head unit display were messed up. For example, there is now no HD radio. There is also no sound control for the treble and bass. Many other things were missing and/or messed up but I can't remember them all at the moment.

Did the dealership just screw up or is this a more widespread problem?

Thanks,

jdb2

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    dealership screwed up. call toyota customer care and start a case. then call the dealership service manager, and ask them how they are gonna fix it

3. schja01

schja01 One of very few in Chicagoland

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Tho only update I saw on techinfo last I looked was for the smaller touchscreen.
    If they tried to update the larger screen with that (if even possible) it probably caused issues.
    ??
    Attached is from the owners site. No subscription required.

Attached Files:

#3 schja01, Dec 23, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    bisco likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    good point. since they didn't know they sold advanced model, they probably used the plus update.

5. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Actually, you can call Toyota Corporate and have them call the service manager. That's what they did to help resolve my Gen 4 recall issue after it was revised.