1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Decisions for a bike rack

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by alan in az, Nov 16, 2015.

1. alan in az

alan in az New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I don't think I want to go the roof rack route or the hitch mount.... So I have considered trunk rack mounts:

Saris Bones, Thule Passage and Yakima Super Joe....

Then I was just thinking of cutting a piece of wood to fit snuggly across the rear trunk area and bolting a couple fork mounts and maybe a couple of wheel holders. Most of my riding requires a short transport to meet a group or a friend, so I can sacrifice the interior space. If anyone has a recommendations for how to set this up, I would appreciate it.

I am quite particular and do not want to use a trunk mount rack unless I know it will not damage the finish of my vehicle.

2. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My bikes always travel inside with me, I don't like leaving them out in the rain/salt/wind/road-crap/grit/dust/boulders/salt! Same goes for my skis!

3. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
  4. jepsprius23

jepsprius23 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    sea sucker... image.jpeg

5. ESP Podcast

ESP Podcast New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    Has anyone tried the Super Bones? Curious, bc Saris says that none of the hatch mounted racks are approved, but the Super Bones fits fine and I've used it on other hatchbacks.