1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Display/Beep problem

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by SR-71, Aug 11, 2020.

1. SR-71

SR-71 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Driving my 2017 Prius Prime developed a problem today. First I heard a random beeping noise (thought may have been the lane departure warning but it was turned off), then I noticed every time I'd hear the "beep" the lower left "climate" area on the display was dimming during the beep. Everything seems to be working ok but this beeping is very annoying. Has anyone experienced this with their Prius Prime?

Sequestre likes this.
  2. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've never heard of or seen that part of the display dim (or any other part of it, for that matter). Any time you get a buzzer (the term in the manual even though it really is a beep), you should also get either a message or an indicator light. The warning and buzzer list is on page 653 of the 2017 manual.

3. MaXPowers

MaXPowers Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Did you ever figure out what the beeping was? I have a similar beep coming from inside that only happens at night.

4. Sequestre

Sequestre TLV (Toyota Loyalist Veteran)

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I know this post is pretty old but just wanted to see if anyone has any info on this. I have a 2017 Prime Premium that is doing the same thing.

5. Sequestre

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I know this post is pretty old but just wanted to see if anyone has any info on this. I have a 2017 Prime Premium that is doing the same thing.

6. Sequestre

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three