1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Do I need different end links or bushing for a TRD rear sway bar?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by LamboGuy, Dec 20, 2015.

1. LamboGuy

LamboGuy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hey guys I need a quick answer, I just bought a rear bar and I want to know if I need different end links in order to install the TRD rear bar from matrix/Corolla (P/N PTR11-02060)

Thanks,
    Christos

[​IMG]

I found this post from 4 years ago and it seems that it's a direct fit
    Rear Sway Bar | Page 3 | PriusChat

iPhone ?

2. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    if that picture is what you bought, it doesn't fit in the stock location or use the stock mounting bolts-- if it fits at all. did it come with installation instructions? the trd replacement bar or progress bar are direct replacements and they work good. take about 5-10 minutes to install.

3. LamboGuy

LamboGuy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The image is from the Ebay listing. The part number is the one I mentioned above and the seller replied back saying it will fit. Many time they use generic photos so I don't know if this is the actual product.

iPhone ?

#3 LamboGuy, Dec 22, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  4. 69shovlhed

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    i have seen a picture of an add-on bar which works with the stock bar; I don't know if that's what he's selling, but I would ask him to take a picture of the bar he's selling or at least verify it does replace the stock bar and fits in the stock location. trd does make a heavier replacement bar for the corolla and matrix. perhaps you can find a pic online of the bar with your part number.

5. jeff652

jeff652 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The sway bar has no end links or bushings. You do not need to replace anything other than the bar. just be sure to torque the bolts enough. I think it is around 60 ft lbs. Anything less and the bolts will work loose and the bar will start to rattle.

6. LamboGuy

LamboGuy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thank you guys, the part number was correct and the bar wasn't the one in the photo/ I received it and installed it yesterday!

iPhone ?

7. 69shovlhed

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    torque spec is way more than 60 ft/lbs. can't remember exactly what it was though... but then I just banged it on with my impact gun.

the bar works damn good don't it? just wait till you replace the front. its like a whole different car!

8. LamboGuy

LamboGuy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The torque spec iirc was something like 146 lbs. ft!!!
    Yes, the car has been transformed with the stiffer springs and big rear sway bar!

iPhone ?

[​IMG][​IMG]

iPhone ?