1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Door stop problem

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Maggiolo72, Feb 24, 2023.

1. Maggiolo72

Maggiolo72 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi everyone,

today at the MOT, Switzerland, they rejected my 2005 prius with 300,000km for the following reasons:

- Door hinges that do not stop the door once opened
    - The handbrake which brakes more to the right than to the left

And here are the questions:

1 I found the hinges to change on the internet, but I can only find the front ones, I can't find the rear ones. I would like to avoid the original parts because here they are extremely expensive and I want get a OEM copy.
    Can someone give me the code of the rear hinges, at least I look better, did it shared with other Toyota ex. Corolla ?

2 I usually take care of the maintenance of the little one, I have access to the bridge where I do all the work. I imagine that the difference in grip is due to the different pull of the 2 cables after the distributor (I don't know if I explained myself) what could it be? In short, the right brake is fine, the left is weak. I lean towards cable oxidation, what do you think?
    Hydraulic braking is fine.

Sorry for my english

Thank you all

Maximum

Todd Bonzalez and bisco like this.
  2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Door hinges that do not stop the door once the door is opened? Not sure how this is possible? The door stop that keeps the door from opening against the hinges too hard is in the middle of the door It's that flat piece of metal that comes out as the door is open It's in between the top and bottom hinge Is that piece broken on your car or doesn't exist That's only supposed to let the door open to you know whatever it is 80° and 66° I'm not sure when that piece pulls out to a certain point it kind of stops in between two pieces of plastic or something I can't really post a picture here but maybe take a look at those and see if that's your problem You can probably take those off a junk car pretty easily or the pieces of those off of junk car and fit them to yours would Corolla Yaris and Prius be the same I have no idea without going to the yard and literally looking at these pieces but look at the piece that's in between the top and the bottom hinge right in the middle!?

3. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  4. Todd Bonzalez

Todd Bonzalez Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    1. Repair kit for 4 doors: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002901473243.html

upload_2023-3-3_13-17-21.png

2. Replace the handbrake cable sections first, as the cheapest fix? Probably stretched or oxidised, as you say

PS. Your English is great. Never apologise (y)

#4 Todd Bonzalez, Mar 3, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2023
    SFO likes this.