1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Double the charging time

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Marine Ray, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Marine Ray

Marine Ray Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Lesson learned today - double the time needed for charging i.e. 12hrs instead of the normal 5.5-6hrs. Fix: noticed orange light was blinking on the CCID (power indicator) on the OEM charging cable. Unplugged OEM charging cable and plugged in again. Orange light now steady on. Charging time back to normal.
    Capture.JPG Capture.JPG

john1701a likes this.
  2. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So, did you figure out what was causing the malfunction in the first place?

3. Marine Ray

Marine Ray Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    No idea. I run OEM charging cord directly from house outlet to Prime, no extension cord. Could be fluctuation in house outlet, plug loose, hot temps in garage or something else. First time it's happened.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

4. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Humm, I've had very brief power interruption during the night while the car was being charged. The thing is that I can't remember if that interrupted the charge session or not. Certainly, if the power interruption was long enough, the charge will not be completed, but for a brief interruption with power restored immediately, I have a feeling it continued to finish the charging session as scheduled. I may be wrong on this.

Marine Ray likes this.