1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Emissions inspection connector

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Bill Samuel, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Bill Samuel

Bill Samuel Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I need to get my 2017 Prius Prime a vehicle emissions inspection in Maryland. They have a self-serve which requires you to put a plug at the self-service station into what they just call a "connector." It's apparently something rectangular with a bunch of receptacles the plug fits into. Where would I find this on my car? It doesn't seem to be identified in the owner's manual.

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
  3. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Are you talking about OBDII port? If it is, it's located left side under the dash.

4. schja01

schja01 One of very few in Chicagoland

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
  5. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    In California, anyway, the smog inspections for the Prius is an expensive joke. In the old days, the tester had to put a sensor in the tail pipe and rev the engine to some specified RPM, and record the tailpipe emissions. Can't really do that with a hybrid, so for quite a few years, we hybrid owners got a pass on the smog inspection. Now they just plug their official smog test equipment into the OBD port, and read out the info from the car's computers, and forward the results over the Internet to the DMV. And charge $100 for the "inspection".