1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Entune: Pandora (and iHeartRadio) control from touchscreen

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by BluetoothEdsel, Feb 10, 2014.

1. BluetoothEdsel

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    (Sorry for cross-post from Newbie Forum. - realizing this is probably a better forum for this question. Here's my original post )

I'm considering buying a Package III, and would like to be sure of how the audio works before I buy - but salespeople aren't able to demo features like Pandora because it apparently requires various logins and linked subscriptions. My question: Will Entune allow me touchscreen access to Pandora while driving - i.e. will I be able to switch between my Pandora stations, switch back and forth to other audio apps, etc? Besides that it'll use my data, is there anything I should be aware of? (Bugginess, locks you out while driving, etc?) I'm currently using Android.

Problem I'm trying to solve: I use Pandora in my current car by plugging an aux cable into the phone. This lets me play Pandora or any other audio from the phone - but I can't fiddle with the phone while driving. So on long trips, when Pandora inevitably times out or drops out, I can't get it back nor switch to another audio app. Which often leaves me with no music at all for the second half of the trip.

Will Entune solve my problem? (I'm assuming the basic Display Audio on Package II won't solve it, but please correct me if I'm wrong. BTW, I mention iHeartRadio since it seems to work similar, but again, please let me know if I'm mistaken.) Thanks!

Does it work like this does at 6:39 when you're driving?

2. Zephyr7

Zephyr7 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    there are 3 systems.

Display Audi0 - This does not supports Entune Apps

Display Audio with Navi - This supports Entune Apps

Premium Navi - This is system on the video u just posted.

On the last 2 system: you are able to switch stations they are not locked out. To search for new station you have to use voice. Iheart Radio is same thing, basic rule is no keyboard search allow while driving. you can always select something different or use voice controls.

BluetoothEdsel likes this.
  3. BluetoothEdsel

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks. I'd be getting Display Audio w/Navi. Does that mean I can select among existing stations from the touchscreen menu while driving, as long as I don't try to actually type in a new one?

I'd never attempt to actually type while driving. But I've so far never had a Prius understand what I speak, so I'm hoping they at least let you touch buttons on a menu.

4. jdk2

jdk2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    You can select any station you have programmed into Pandora at any time, driving or stopped. As noted above, you're only locked out of the keyboard when the car is moving.

BluetoothEdsel likes this.
  5. priusdonkey

priusdonkey Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    i think there is a kit that will unlock the safety features and allow you to do more.